quaker state hm full synthetic, is this pretty good?

saw this locally in canada, wondering thoughts.
the more research i have done on this forum it seems like for low oci like me, it really doesnt matter which oil i use
i have a gm vehicle and noticed this doesnt have the dexos badge.
i wanted to start using a high mileage oil since i have 250k km on my engine and it has a slight oil leak

is this still good stuff?
QUAKER STATE HIGH MILEAGE FULL SYNTHETIC
https://www.quakerstate.com/en_ca/p...r-state-high-mileage-full-synthetic.html
thanks!

Originally Posted by Chris142
QS is a great oil.

Yep I decided to try it after all the negative comments by the QS haters on here. It worked great no negative with it at all. It produced a very good UOA which I posted on here also. Yes I will continue to use it as I have 4 more Jugs in my stash.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Johnny: I have tons of QS 10w40 and 5w20 thanks to wal mart deals 🇺🇸ðŸ‘

LOL just sayin bud we don't always get the true skinny on the BITOG.

Originally Posted by apollo18
the more research i have done on this forum it seems like for low oci like me, it really doesnt matter which oil i use
i wanted to start using a high mileage oil since i have 250k km on my engine and it has a slight oil leak

thanks!

If you want Dexos certificate then go with Valvoline Advance Full Synthetic with Maxlife

Back in the day (80s and 90s) QS was called Quaker Sludge. They've vastly improved and I have no problem running it in any vehicle I have now. Good OCI with a good syn oil and good filter is all we need.

Originally Posted by apollo18

thanks!

It's always nice to know what vehicle/engine also what have you been using that got you to 250k? My 08 Lucern is not Dexos but I like the idea of using it.

I was curious about that oil also. I have seen it at a local Menard’s store here in USA. Not at Walmart or on Amazon.
Nothing on the QS USA site but saw it on the Canadian site.

Back in the day (80s and 90s) QS was called Quaker Sludge. They've vastly improved and I have no problem running it in any vehicle I have now. Good OCI with a good syn oil and good filter is all we need.

That was from an issue they had in the 70's. Regardless I seriously doubt the Shell Product shares a thing with the old QS product other than branding.

Never seen hm full syn formula
I have never seen QSHM full synthetic its always a synthetic blend and yes WM carries it.
The old QSHM used to be a Syntetic/Conventional blend. A lot of labels was repackaged this year. Now QSHM is QSAM or "All Mileage" that is the blend. QS "Synthetic HM or QSFS QSFSHM 5w 30 is a little tough to procure at most local WM in my neck of the woods, but I travel all over the state and found a few, or just order online. Or I use 10W 30 QSFS in summer. Whatever is available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-21-12-34-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-21-12-34-30.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 35
Back