Quaker State Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that's what they look like. Got them for 2 dollars at Menards. They only had 1 for my Silvy
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
They are made by Purolator, very similar to the Classics, but not exactly the same. Still a decent basic filter though.

They can tend to be a little smaller than their Classic counterparts but are a very good buy no doubt.

up here QS14612 regular price at Canadian Tire is $7.46 Fram EG7317 OCOD is $6.67. However, Wal-mart Canada recently stop carrying Fram and have Purolator and Bosch instead. Purolator classic is $4.89 while Bosch premium is &7. Wal-mart never have the filters "on special" but Canadian Tire now have the QS on sale for only $4.89. is it worth it to stock up some QS now ? can QS go for longer OCI than Purolator classic ? Honda A01 Filtech filter is $8 at the dealer.

So looking at the part numbers on them the filter for the Silverado is a Purolator number, but the numbers on the filters for the Monte Carlo match Fram numbers.

Originally Posted By: CSWP
On another website that test oil filters, they stated they are made by Fram

They used to, but currently they are made by Purolator. They are very similar, if not the same, to Purolator's Pro-line filter.

Originally Posted By: MNL
....but currently they are made by Purolator. They are very similar, if not the same, to Purolator's Pro-line filter.

Good comparison. Also likely similar to other Puro made for commercial filters like ProMotive/Group7. And as mentioned, many/some applications are downsized and consolidated. Look similar to/same as a Classic, but likely not a clone in efficiency. Based on the dissections posted here though a well made filter.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
They can tend to be a little smaller than their Classic counterparts but are a very good buy no doubt.

I picked up a couple of them a few days ago. The shelves were almost cleared out, but I bought a couple of PH8A filters. Now if you think there are the old one-quart 8A filters, nope. They are the same size as the current Fram PH3600-sized filters, or about half the size. That's okay, because I'm going to use them on my daughter's V6 Mustang which specifies the 3600 filter.
A good price for $2.

A Puro Classic clone but not quite the same media. 94% at 20 micron was what I was told; the same as the old AAP Total Grips.

Great for $2.

Originally Posted By: Virtuoso
A Puro Classic clone but not quite the same media. 94% at 20 micron was what I was told; the same as the old AAP Total Grips.

Great for $2.

Interesting, thought they were the same.

Well that's a no brainer up here then considering that the Classic is now cheaper than a regular priced QS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back