Quaker state dino oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is quaker state dino 5w 30 engine oil for a 2001 Yoyota Tacoma v6, I change the oil/ every 5000 miles with a Wix oil filter? I usually use 5w 30 Castrol or Pennsoil dino.

Last edited:
Using it now, 3800 miles on this OCI with no oil use, no strange noises on 20 degree cold starts, and its cheap for what you get. Win/Win IMO

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Nothing wrong with using "Quaker" in Plymouth, Massachusetts.

Plimoth
34.gif

I dunno if it's changed, but I used the stuff exclusively in the late 80's and early 90's and it performed great. I used it for 75k miles on a GTA then decided to tear the engine down and rebuild it with all new high performance parts (I had the drag racing bug back then where I would race in the saturday night bracket races) and the engine was absolutely flawless inside. Crystal clean and no wear.

I was told to use it by an old-timer mechanic who professionally rebuilt engines daily in his (huge) private garage. He would restore and customize vintage classic cars. He would tear engines down daily and he absolutely swore by QSGB and had tons of examples to prove the oil was good.

I'd go as far to say I doubt there was a better dino oil for the price back in those days. If it's the same as it was back then, don't worry at all, you have a great oil in your car. Very good bang for your buck. With the Wix filter, you have a good combo.

I ended up switching to Castrol GTX in the late 90's as my best friend was fanatical about it. lol It was good too but I didn't think it really did anything more than the QS did. :D

Last edited:
At our local Wal-Marts it just "rolled back" to $10 a 5 qt jug.
thumbsup2.gif

Between QS and Chevron at Costco for $19 a case both are a excellent deal!

I was helping a lost customer down the oil aisle at walmart, she was looking for a specific "Mobil 1" oil for her new (to her anyways) 2001 Nissan Altima and I guess her father sent her to the store to get the jug of oil, and the filter to do the oil change. I showed her the Mobil 1 (she was confused cause of all the different weights, and the different caps, colors, and formulations lol), and a guy came up to us and was saying during Hurricane Floyd, I guess one of Mobil's rigs got knocked offline in the Gulf of Mexico, and NOBODY had Mobil, he switched to QuakerState and has had good experience with it. Dipstick golden color even after 2k...and he said the car seems to even be running better with the Quakerstate. But we all know that could just be psychological :)

i am a patriots fan and i am glad saints stuck it to manning...brees and payton are a great qb/coach combo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back