QS full synthetic $1.75 at Walmart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found QS full synthetic on clearance for $1.75 at a local Walmart! Checked 2 other local stores and they only had the blend in stock. Walmart only had QS dino on the shelves, the syn was on a clearance rack ... leads me to believe that they're clearing out their QS syn and most likely not carrying QS syn anymore. Oh well, I've been looking for a new synthetic oil for some time now since M1 jacked up their prices... 12 quarts of QS will see me through a couple more oil changes.

No such luck here.

All they had here was Exxon SuperFlow for .94

If I'd seen the QS Syn at that priced, I've at least bought 5.

I too am looking for something else since the M1 price raising.
frown.gif

Try a Big Lots store, if there are any around your neighborhood. They've got a supply of Havoline Synthetics at $2 a quart. I bought a couple of changes each, of 5w30 & 10w30. Found out about that on this forum, too.

quote:

Originally posted by goldfinger:
I too am looking for something else since the M1 price raising.
frown.gif

Are you running extended-drains?
Is it super cold where you're located?

If not, Chevron Supreme and regular 'ol Pennzoil have given some better wear numbers than even Mobil1. Both are very inexpensive.

I only drive 2-3K in 6 months. So I like the high TBN and I need something that can stand nearly 100% (short trip) city driving.

I was using Pennzoil on 4 month drains, might go back to that or their HM version for the blend factor.

Nothing in this town but a Wal-Mart
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by goldfinger:
I only drive 2-3K in 6 months. So I like the high TBN and I need something that can stand nearly 100% (short trip) city driving.

Nothing in this town but a Wal-Mart
frown.gif

A Wal-Mart in Arkansas...how rare
grin.gif
(Although when I was in the Little Rock, I couldn't find a Wal-Mart anywhere!)

Have you considered a 5w-40 or 15w-40 HDEO?

Yes, it is SL/GF-3 rated oil. Maybe it's just here in Mississippi...by all appearances it looks like Walmart here is getting rid of all QS blend and synthetics, and really the only syns they carry in decent amounts is M1 and Castrol...minimal amounts of Supertech, Penzoil and Valvoline...i.e. not enough of any one particular weight to complete an oil change. I even checked out Sams, hoping that they would still carry M1...no such luck, at least here Sams no longer carries syn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back