QS 5/40

How do you know oil exceeds requirements?
They may claim to do so? There are little nuggets for us consumers like I mentioned. Full Synthetic vs Advanced as an example. I don't make those claims the oil companies do.

They may claim to do so? There are little nuggets for us consumers like I mentioned. Full Synthetic vs Advanced as an example. I don't make those claims the oil companies do.
Full synthetic and advanced doesn’t mean anything. Mobil1 had advance and Valvoline has, but they are not on par oils with European approvals.
Those claims carry water to me samme as Costco employee claiming Extra Virgin olive oil is good for my engine.

Full synthetic and advanced doesn’t mean anything. Mobil1 had advance and Valvoline has, but they are not on par oils with European approvals.
Those claims carry water to me samme as Costco employee claiming Extra Virgin olive oil is good for my engine.
Sometimes we just don't know if one Euro oil has better base oil, additive package, performance, then the other Euro. However, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's nice to learn about what may be or may not be regardless.

Sometimes we just don't know if one Euro oil has better base oil, additive package, performance, then the other Euro. However, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's nice to learn about what may be or may not be regardless.
I have already told you that. Approvals are minimum requirements. Some oils are better than others. But to start, oil MUST be approved to have a baseline whether that oil meets those minimum requirements. Not just o blender claiming it meets or exceeds. We know very well which approved oils are better than others even when it comes to same blender. We know that Castrol Edge 0W30/40 is step up from 5W30/40 although they have same approvals. But, they HAVE approvals! Meaning, they are not that junk Triax.

I have already told you that. Approvals are minimum requirements. Some oils are better than others. But to start, oil MUST be approved to have a baseline whether that oil meets those minimum requirements. Not just o blender claiming it meets or exceeds. We know very well which approved oils are better than others even when it comes to same blender. We know that Castrol Edge 0W30/40 is step up from 5W30/40 although they have same approvals. But, they HAVE approvals! Meaning, they are not that junk Triax.
Didn't know Shell GTL & PAO base oil was considered "Junk" More of your bias "opinion" :rolleyes:
OP: I hope you have a better idea of the range HTHS is with QS Euro 5w-40. Great question!

Didn't know Shell GTL & PAO base oil was considered "Junk" More of your bias "opinion" :rolleyes:
Company that doesn’t know which grade is for which approval, should not be in the business of blending anything.
On that note, I can buy Shell base stock, add some garlic salt, spices and sell it to you.
Truax is tax on fools.

Back