QS 14612 CUT OPEN 8,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again and here we have a Quaker state QS-14612 that was on a 14' Sentra with QSED blend 5w30. Replaced this oil and filter with QSGB 10w30 and a FRAM Tough Guard. Filter manufactured on October 13, 2014 on Line "E" and 3rd shift in Fayetteville NC

295af75.jpg

scsu2o.jpg

vdip1x.jpg

27zyjc1.jpg

2daiwar.jpg

1y0s4z.jpg

furj8w.jpg

2enp2j8.jpg

311q33b.jpg

Looks like it held up well for 8000 miles. I would say you got your monies worth from the filter. Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a well made filter even if pleats are a little wavy

Toneydoc: this car is the neighbors mothers car and she does lots of driving. Least I could do for a good neighbor and her mom
smile.gif

Looks good. Currently running two of them on my cars.

Off topic - Why the switch to 10w30 in winter?

The media on a QS filter will usually not win a beauty contest, but it gets the job done. 8K miles MIGHT be stretching it, but it looks like it did okay.
Sale price on these is $1.99 at Menards and when Orschelns throws in the $2/quart TropArtic, you've hard a deal that's hard to beat.

Looks good. Thanks for the C&P.

I've never hesitated to use the 14612 and this thread confirms my confidence in it. I bought a bunch of Promotive and Pennzoil on clearance so that makes me happy. The 14610 on the other hand........

Thank you sir1900

RamFan: I ised the QS 10w30 as I have no 5w30 left in the stash as using the lone jug of Smittys Super S in the girls 97' Cavalier tomorrow night

Looks like it did its job. Thanks for the C&P.

The flexibility you show on that ADBV after 8K miles puts Motorking's statement in question that the nitrile ADBV's used in the QS filters will turn into a rock by 6K miles

Originally Posted By: Motorking
wouldnt run them that long unless they have a silicone adv. Nitrile valves turn into a rock around 6k miles

back in this thread on QS oil filters.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3292216/Quaker_State_filters

Surely there are different grades of NBR used by different manufacturers and models / lines. I took a Purolator 'made-for' jobber line Tec Select brand oil filter off a friend's 2002 F150 a few months ago that had lost all ADBV function in < 6k miles.

Originally Posted By: Plumber
Does anyone know this QS date code?? F02G0901 Thanks!
Seems to be a Puro clone so:

F = Fayetteville, North Carolina Plant
02 = Month
G = Year 2015
09 = Day of the Month
0= Line Number
1= Shift

the 14612 was my go to filter when I had the subaru. Tight, small filter, usually with solid even and plenty of pleating. I would give this filter an A+ if it had a few more pleats at the seam.

Thanks for the C&P!

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Looks like it did its job. Thanks for the C&P.

The flexibility you show on that ADBV after 8K miles puts Motorking's statement in question that the nitrile ADBV's used in the QS filters will turn into a rock by 6K miles

Originally Posted By: Motorking
wouldnt run them that long unless they have a silicone adv. Nitrile valves turn into a rock around 6k miles

back in this thread on QS oil filters.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3292216/Quaker_State_filters

Surely there are different grades of NBR used by different manufacturers and models / lines. I took a Purolator 'made-for' jobber line Tec Select brand oil filter off a friend's 2002 F150 a few months ago that had lost all ADBV function in < 6k miles.
Not sure about the rock hard ADBV on this one, but the QS3600s I've used on my brother's old '87 Tercal 3E 1.5 lose all ADBV action by 3-4K, easy-nice rattle on a cold start, oil drains out before you can get the filter fully unscrewed off the block. Never had one tear, though, even with 10W40 in the winter. Car51's looks good, though, shows even a metal crimp one has the ability to go 8K.

Originally Posted By: Plumber
Why is the OP's filter and mine differ in date code numbers?

What do you mean? They were made on different days, so the code is different. They both have the same Purolator date code format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back