QS 10w30 Bulk Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys
I own a 1995 Nissan Hardbody V6 4x4 with 79000 miles on it. I have the oil changed every 3000 miles or 3 months and always use a Nissan oil filter.My dealer uses QS 10w30 bulk with their oil changes. I have used Pennzoil 5w30 or 10w30 for my oil changes (taking my own oil to the dealer)in the past. If I decide to go with the QS bulk is that a good choice?
As always Thanks

Yes the QS 5/10W30 would be a good choice if you were happy with the pennzoil. As far as I know QS is good stuff.

I know the new pennzoil with purebase uses a similar refining process to chevron supreme.. I'm not sure about QS...

Rand

I think Pennzoil is the superior product. It should have better base oil and a somewhat better additive package.

If you are changing at 3K, the QS is probably ok. I think with a longer interval, I'd rather have the PZ.

Do you really know what's in that bulk tank?? At least when you bring your own, you know what you got.

I would bet a LOT of money that with 3,000 mile OCIs, 10W-30 dino oils, non-turbo, non-modified engines that there is absolutely no meaningful real world difference any owner will be able to find when using any name brand SL rated oil.

Shell Oil Company owns Pennzoil and Quaker State. I know that they people on this board keep saying that Pennzoil is better than Quaker State, but I highly doubt that the minor differences make ANY meaningful difference in the real world at moderate OCIs.

Your car is going to die of boredom, neglect or non-economic to repair electrical problems long, long before anything else gets it.

John
John

Thanks Guys for the feedback. I hope the Nissan Dealer would ensure their bulk oil equipment is keep clean! Chris B, Nissan trucks are actually pretty tough, this is my second one. Maybe down the road, I'm thinking about a Ford or Dodge diesel truck who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back