Qdoba Mexican Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed! I don't go often because I need to eat more healthy but, I do like Chipotle and Mo's Southwest Grill(both similar).

I like to get a BIG burrito and taco salad. Man I'm stuffed!

Last edited:
Never heard of Qdoba, but that does sound expensive. Of course we have Chipotle, Taco Bell, Del Taco, MXN, El Pollo Loco, Rubio's and so on, as well as a more "authentic" taco shop on just about every street corner. There's a taco shop less than half a mile from my house that makes burritos that are really too big for one meal, and not too expensive. Their tacos are also amazing, and their chiles rellenos are a personal favorite.

Edited to add: I just looked up Qdoba, and it looks like there's one within ten miles of me. I did not know that.

Last edited:
Personally, I am a fan of a local chain called Pancheros. They started in East Lansing, so anyone who went to Michigan State knows exactly what I'm talking about. Same type of food as Qdoba and Chipotle, with one subtle, but effective, change: They mix the fillings before they wrap. The worst part of a burrito is the first bite. It's always all rice. Not at Pancheros.

I'm amazed at the consistent Chipotle>Qdoba sentiments. I don't think I've met a person who's said otherwise. I guess I give Chipotle marketing a tip of the hat, because they're the ones to thank. The most common answer to why Chipotle is better than Qdoba is usually, "Chipotle uses better ingredients," which is exactly what Chipotle's marketing is founded on. Do they really? Does it really make that much different? Personally, I can't tell the quality difference between a Qdoba chicken burrito and a Chipotle chicken burrito. But they advertise freshness, hire hip people with piercings and tattoos, and watch as young people flock to the internet to declare Chipotle dominance.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Chipotle nor do I mean to offend people who do. They make a good burrito, but I don't get the gushing on how it's better than every other burrito place. Still can't get a quesadilla or queso at Chipotle, which is a bummer sometimes.

Forgot to add: We found a local mexican grocery store near work that sells tacos out the back. It looks like it used to be a deli counter, but now they sell tacos. Fan-freaking-tastic. I envy those that have more access to authentic mexican food.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
..more "authentic" taco shop on just about every street corner. There's a taco shop less than half a mile from my house..

+1 Yet another reason I love living in California.

And some of the mamacitas fixing up our lunch and dinner are easy on the eyes, too!
smile.gif

Qdoba is better tasting than Chipotle. Blind taste test em, you'll find that out.

Qdoba's price just went up in the last month. You will note the queso sauce that used to cost extra no longer does. Of course, they did that by just charging everyone the price of what used to be a burrito with queso. Not a good deal for those of us who never get the queso.

My favorite burritos are from Big City Burrito's in Fort Collins, Co. College food at its best...

MrHorspwer, is the Chipotle marketing department responsible for people preferring Chipotle to Taco Bell? No? Why can't Chipotle just be that much better than Qboda?

And you can get a quesadilla at Chipotle. Just ask.

Queso (cheese)? Yeah, they have that. Queso sauce, no. Does Qboda have sofritas (marinated tofu)? No. So I guess we'll call it even.

I liked Chipotle better, BUT every time I have had Qdoba, it has been carry in at work. Not a fair comparison IMO.

Havent been to Chiptole lately either. Its a pain to get to.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
MrHorspwer, is the Chipotle marketing department responsible for people preferring Chipotle to Taco Bell? No? Why can't Chipotle just be that much better than Qboda?

Is the Coke marketing department responsible for people preferring Coke to clam juice? No, of course not, because Coke is not like clam juice. In the same way, Chipotle is not like Taco Bell.

Chipotle and Qdoba, however, are the same. They have similar menus, assembled in a similar manner, with similar ingredients. That begs the point: There is nothing, save a bunch of marketing bullet-points, that makes Chipotle that much better.

Is Chipotle bad? No. I prefer their shredded pork and beef to Qdoba. Then again, shredded pork from Qdoba with their chile BBQ sauce makes for a darn good burrito.

Even though they are similar in menu, Qdoda stomps Chipotle every time. Chipotle doesn't have the nacho cheese and therefore doesn't have nachos. The Qdoba's around here also include Coke Freestyle and the Chipotle's do not, so another point. For strike three, the Qdoba card that's gets you free food for loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back