Purolator Classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The profit going out of the country by a foreign owned company could be higher than the labor on a foreign made product. For oil filters we have Champ, Wix, clarcor, and a PH 3950 may be little worse than an L10193.

Best I can say is buy stock. Most companies are globally owned now. You can be an owner of Bosch, Honda, etc.

Stopped by the local K-Mart tonight to see what they had for Purolator filters. Had a fairly decent selection of the Classic and PureONEs. Most Classics cost $3.50 and the PureONEs were typically $5.80. Some of the larger sizes in each were $1 or $1.50 more. They also had quite a few Classic air filters, maybe some cabin filters too (?).

After seeing river_rat's bench testing on the Purolator Classic, it would be hard to beat that filter for $3.50 IMO.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa

After seeing river_rat's bench testing on the Purolator Classic, it would be hard to beat that filter for $3.50 IMO.
+1 Like I've said 97.5% ain't chopped liver, and less expensive than the Orange Can. I'll have to check out my local Kmart, that's if it's still there tomorrow.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac

+1 Like I've said 97.5% ain't chopped liver, and less expensive than the Orange Can. I'll have to check out my local Kmart, that's if it's still there tomorrow.
wink.gif

Depends on where you buy the orange can, they are now 3 bucks at Walmart

Originally Posted By: labman
They really aren't the same filter, at least not the L 10193. Not only is the iconic assembly string gone, so is much of the media. The string is no loss. The media? Hard to say. It is possible the new filter has a better media, more efficient with the same dirt holding capacity with less of it. After all, Fram has traditionally used less media and a current thread shows a link to an M1 with half the media of the other filters.

Same old metal to metal dome end bypass.

New, foreign ownership.

Purolator says:
"You'll find the same quality product ... with a new look!"

If its the same product, how is it more efficient.

I'll keep using them anyways.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Originally Posted By: sayjac

wink.gif

Depends on where you buy the orange can, they are now 3 bucks at Walmart
[deleted]

I don't care if you find an Orange Can of Doom for 50 cents less, they are generally more than $3.50. And, even if the Classic was 50 cents more, as river rat's testing has shown, they would easily be worth it. Not even in the same league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Originally Posted By: labman
They really aren't the same filter, at least not the L 10193. Not only is the iconic assembly string gone, so is much of the media. The string is no loss. The media? Hard to say. It is possible the new filter has a better media, more efficient with the same dirt holding capacity with less of it. After all, Fram has traditionally used less media and a current thread shows a link to an M1 with half the media of the other filters.

Same old metal to metal dome end bypass.

New, foreign ownership.

Purolator says:
"You'll find the same quality product ... with a new look!"

If its the same product, how is it more efficient.

I'll keep using them anyways.

I have the same question you do, either way they are still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back