Purolator Boss PBL25288 C&P

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
1999 Ford ranger 5.3L LM7 (chevy LS motor) out of a tahoe no idea on mileage.
in service for initial start ups and a BG EPR flush.
2k RPM’s for 20 minutes.

out/off: M1 EP HM 5w-30 and BG EPR with Purolator BOSS PBL25288

in/on: 6 quarts Fram syn 5w-30 with carquest premium 85522 premium guard with silicone gasket.

this is the single nastiest filter i’ve ever seen. the amount of buildup in the bottom is impressive.

IMG_6790.jpeg

IMG_6791.jpeg

IMG_6792.jpeg

IMG_6793.jpeg

IMG_6794.jpeg

IMG_6795.jpeg

IMG_6796.jpeg

IMG_6797.jpeg

IMG_6798.jpeg

IMG_6799.jpeg

Last edited:
thinking about running a quart of HPL EC30 in this truck at the next oil change.

That BG must be some aggressive stuff. There must be some real junk in that engine. That is beyond loaded. Some 5w-40 Diesel engine oil may be a cheaper option than HPL EC to help carry some of that soot. Is it putting out above OEM HP that you know of?

That BG must be some aggressive stuff. There must be some real junk in that engine. That is beyond loaded. Some 5w-40 Diesel engine oil may be a cheaper option than HPL EC to help carry some of that soot. Is it putting out above OEM HP that you know of?
yes, we shoved a TSP cam in it and that’s when i noticed how nasty it was inside.

A Ford Ranger with an LS sounds like a ton of fun. Back in high school (2007ish) a friend put a Chevy 350 in a reg cab S-10. That was a really fun truck.
it is a single cab step side lowered on 01 mustang wheels and tires. we also just put a built 4l60e with a inline 6 trailblazer converter in it today. absolutely blisters the tires off of it first through third. will be getting cal-tracs and a sticky tire soon. this is the second one we’ve done, the other one is a full race pre-runner on 37’s. King 3.5 coil overs in the front and a bed cage and 2.5’s in the rear with a massive chevy full sized deaver leaf pack in the rear.

The oil pump is taking a beating too. I'd be checking the oil pickup screen for any possible blockage.
idled at 38 psi hot and 55psi at 2500rpm on a mechanical gauge after the flush. i’ll make him do another oil change after paint/body and we’ll see what it looks like. this motor won’t be coming out of the truck until it blows and the oil pan cannot be removed in the truck. there is a built 6.2 waiting for either truck once one of the 5.3’s let go.

Back