purolater being bought by bosch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't subscribe to the theory that if it is made in Germany and, pardon the redundancy, expensive, it is good. However, Purolator has the dome end bypass others and I dislike. Other than that, I have seen Purolator falling in the middle along with the Champ brands and Hastings, all better than Fram, but inferior to the OEM filters.

If under the new pricing I will be paying more for Bosch, Mann, Hummel ''quality'', for my filter elements, I may move to ST. I hate to pay more if all they change is the box.

I got this email from the folks at purolator about the pureone line of products:

Actually, Purolator Products NA, LLC was purchased by a joint venture of Bosch and Mann & Hummel. Purolator continues to operate with its own management and manufacturing group. The Purolator product lines should be enhanced by the strength of these two successful companies, and there are no plans to alter any of the product lines.

Tom (Filter Hot Line)

already have over 60 Motorcraft FL400s in stock from when W-M was dumping the MC line than they brought them back at higher prices (less than $2.80 something each-now $3.28 last time I looked) think I will be good for awhile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back