PureOne oil filter is a synthetic blend.

Not sure if everyone already knew. So I asked Purolator and they told me the PureOne is a Synthetic Blend.
 Quote:
Hello, Is the filter media in the PureOne oil filters synthetic media, paper, or a blend?
 Quote:
It is Blend. Best regards, Rajan Ahuja Senior Product Engineer | Purolator Filters NA LLC 3200 Natal St. | Fayetteville, NC 28306 Phone: 910-426-4252 | Fax: 910-425-9953 [email protected] http://www.pureoil.com KEEP IT PURE

Ok they said blend, blend of what?? just because you said synthetic media is that what he ment???? he could have been more informative on his bad answer..

The way Mel (Filter Guy) talked about it, all medias have some cellulose to them. Even the EaO has a synthetic "silly string" (SYNTEQ process) sprayed over a cellulose backing. That is, he asserted that even something that sports "wire/glass" media has some cellulose to it. Maybe Pete C. will chime in.

Originally Posted By: daman
Ok they said blend, blend of what?? just because you said synthetic media is that what he ment???? he could have been more informative on his bad answer..
They will say "it's a proprietary blend". I’ve dealt with asking these guys at Purolator technical questions before.

It's an excellent filter at a good price, especially when I am able to get them on sale. That's all I care about. How they go about creating a filter of that quality, with the filtering ability that it possesses, is up to them. It could be made out of recycled condoms. If it works, it works.