pure lanolin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, alot of people upset him and he upset alot of people as well. He was kind of a catalyst for high blood pressure around here. Overall discussion in Additives is more civil now.

Well, Frank couldn't let any challenge go unanswered. He took it too personal. You're always going to have someone who isn't satisfied with any given product. You can pretty much just say something like "I'm sorry you didn't get great results" ..and have that be the end of it ..move on ..but go and look up someone like dargo and grab a few of his posts from the Oil Additives forum. Just weaving back and forth ..hemming and hawing relentlessly. He was even told "This isn't a product for you. Don't buy it." and he just kept on coming.

Frank's buttons, once found easy to push, got pushed. Some people made a posting career out of keeping him on the ropes.

Seems some people were just jealous, no respect for the old timer. THere is no doubt on a grand scale that Auto-RX is the best additive ever made ! Not so much anti-wear like Slick 50 used to claim etc, but in general the best. I think that LC-20 will follow closely behind. The cleaning additives seem easier to guage, the anti-wear, people are looking for miracles, but thats because the makers claim miracles........ I think Auto-RX and LC-20 have proven enough, especially with Dyson comments on it. Good luck Frank, even though your product has already paid off...... We [censored] all day about oil companies, we have no one to talk to directly and scrutinize their product, there was one for Auto-RX and seems people [censored] him off.

One of the reasons why Lanolin is great on the skin is because it penetrates and softens the skin. Will it do the same for sludge too?

If you have an expendable engine, I would definitely give pure Lanolin a 'run' through that motor.

I would probably mix a little in a cup of hot motor oil to see what happens. And, then let it cool to see if the lanolin stays mixed in the oil.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Well, alot of people upset him and he upset alot of people as well. He was kind of a catalyst for high blood pressure around here. Overall discussion in Additives is more civil now.

I agree, much better and it you look many people had issues. I do not post much here anyways but I wish him luck..I like the other oil more. Shame this site is losing the original sponsors and users.

You might be on to something there . Maybe add 1/2 -1 qt of biodiesel B100 (like using those other engine cleaners) then "rinse" .

"He's making esters out of lanoline (a fatty acid) - similar to making biodiesel."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tom slick
Maybe the entire sheep could be used. The hooves would scrape the hard carbon deposits while the wool gently polishes the metal to better than new smoothness. We already know how beneficial the lanolin circulating in would be.
LOL.gif

The bones would turn into jell-o

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I mean, someone sees value in a hydrogen generator and installs it in their car. OTOH, a car manufacturer sees the clown that has one installed in his car and blows the thing up.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the energy (electricity from the alternator) needed to break the hydrogen/oxygen bond of a water molecule will be the same as the energy gained by the bonding of the hydrogen with oxygen during combustion. There will be an eventual lose of energy do to heat and resistance in the electrical wires and friction in the alternator and accessory belt. to claim that a hydrogen generator can give you more MPG is Bee Ess. Perpetual motion machines do not work.

Sounds correct to me. My tongue in cheek demonstration is that, even if someone can billyrig something that does yield some mpg improvement, you've got to 80k-100k certify it for durability and manage to make it seamless for the consumer to use.

If we went to some water injection or steam thingamabob ..can you see the business suit babe adding water at the convenience store island? How about with some alcohol mix for the winter?

I'm sure that there are some things that can be done, but they can't make the hurdles to getting to market in our highly regulated and totally numb consumer usage.

I had some non abrasive GOJO that has been on the shelf for a long time and it is liquid (vs gel ) at room temperature . It is temping to put a couple of ounces in the crankcase . It is tempting to put a few oz in into the crankcase .

Originally Posted By: steve20
Maybe he is on to something---------GO-JO and the other waterless hand cleaners are made from lanolin-and they do an excellent job of cleaning.

Guys-pump the brakes here for a second...We spend an inordinate amount of time discussing high dollar oils, filters, constant OCIs, and every other attempt to extend the life of our beloved vehicles, and someone floats an idea of putting 1.00 containers of Goop in our engines?
Wow,
The only upside I could see would be that your hands would be fairly easy to clean after removing said engine after the hand cleaner experiment.

Although, I did see somewhere on the Internet where a guy put Geritol in his crankcase to improve cold morning startups, now where was that bottle Grandma left.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back