Purchasing Ravenol

I know that some of you use Ravenol oils in your European vehicles. Do you usually purchase from Blauparts? And, if you do, how good is their packaging?

I just bought 2 gallons of Ravenol SP IV ATF from blauparts this was my first order but it will definately not be the last. The packaging was second to none. Each gallon was packed with those air pillows, then put into super thick black plastic bags that where tied then goose necked and taped then put in a box, that box was packed in more air pillows and put into another box. So saying it was well packed is an understatement. I signed up on their website, because they are cheaper than Amazon but if you have an Amazon account you can pay for products on the Blau website. I highly recommend then. Oh and my package got to me 1 day earler than expected, but given the current weather shipping may be delayed. You won't be disappointed.👍👍

This is good information. I’ve ordered from ECS Tuning and everything arrived in good shape. The last two times, I picked up my oil and filter at a VW dealership. I only did that because, I happened to be close by. The closest dealerships are about 90 miles away. I don’t like having to drive that far for oil change kits.

I'm on my second order from Blauparts and they have been excellent. If you sign up for their "specials" you will also get some discount codes once in a while, pretty good deal.
My only issue with them is they still don't sell an "oil change kit" for my car. Every other car or truck in the world, but not the Mercedes turbo 4 DI GAS.
The only "hard" part about Ravenol oil is figuring out how to open the bottle! It took me a few extra minutes, but I won't spoil your fun! :D
Typical German (over) engineering.

Blauparts. My first order I got from Amazon, but subsequent have come from Blauparts when they've had sales on.

do you recall your SSL 0W40 Noack?

Also how do you compare Ravenol 0W40 in general with M1 Euro 0W40 or Edge Euro 0W40?
I assume Ravenol has all the fancy European certs that M1 and Edge have and then some ...

I have an account with Blauparts but haven't bought anything yet. Sounds like one of best real "synthetic" oil.
I know it has 0 moly but price is the reason I haven't bought any yet. ;)
I recently bought some Edge Euro 0W40 but was considering Ravenol.

do you recall your SSL 0W40 Noack?

Also how do you compare Ravenol 0W40 in general with M1 Euro 0W40 or Edge Euro 0W40?
I assume Ravenol has all the fancy European certs that M1 and Edge have and then some ...

I have an account with Blauparts but haven't bought anything yet. Sounds like one of best real "synthetic" oil.
I know it has 0 moly but price is the reason I haven't bought any yet. ;)
I recently bought some Edge Euro 0W40 but was considering Ravenol.

8.5% Noack

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 1.55.06 PM.jpg

CCS visc @ -35C is 4,560cP
MRV visc @ -40C is 21,300cP

Both are class-leading, which isn't surprising given it's PAO-based.

That's the primary reason I chose to run it. I don't think it's any "better" than M1 0w-40 it just has more PAO which, if we got a cold snap, means it will perform better.

They are the only US distributor for Ravenol in the US.

8.5% Noack

View attachment 45113

CCS visc @ -35C is 4,560cP
MRV visc @ -40C is 21,300cP

Both are class-leading, which isn't surprising given it's PAO-based.

That's the primary reason I chose to run it. I don't think it's any "better" than M1 0w-40 it just has more PAO which, if we got a cold snap, means it will perform better.
I think in Germany it has to be fully synthetic to say they are synthetic unlike the US. I've never used their engine oil, but compared to the OE atf from Kia they are only about a dollar or 2 mre expensive and is a much better product.

Just ordered some Ravenol. They have current 15% off with FEB15 you put in promo box at checkout. Always packaged well with a lot of bubble wrap. Have ordered almost a dozen times over the years and never a drip.
Blauparts.com is my got to for DSG fluid also from Ravenol.

Blauparts is where I bought the Ravenol FZ fluid for the Mazda and where I plan on trying some of their 0w-30 for the Alfa. Package arrived promptly and in good shape. I was in Door Cty a few months ago and debated stopping by, wish I would've as it seems like they've got a nice shop.

I drive there (35 minutes) for all my driveline fluids for the TT. Every Euro car I've had with a manual Ravenol has been the best.
Walking through their front door is stepping back in time for me, as their front office is very similar to the one I worked in as a high schooler in the early 90's. Maybe they remodeled recently?

If you buy from Amazon, it still comes from Blau so go straight to them as don't feed the Amazon beast...

I have been running Ravenol VST 5w-40 in my 2011 BMW 535i for the past two years. I order 4 5L bottles at a time from Blauparts as they typically run sales on larger quantities. At the time, I was running lots of city driving to work before COVID, Changing my oil 3 times a year. (6K-7.5K miles OCI). Their packaging is excellent. They use expanded foam upper and lower, and the bottles were in sealed plastic heavy duty bags individually wrapped. You won’t be disappointed.

Back