Puralator PureOne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might use the Puralator PureOne with Mobil 1 SS 10W 30 this weekend. What do you guys think of the PureOne filter?

I tried using it with two different cars and had serious low rpm noise even when warm. Nothing like changing a filter in the auto parts store parking lot with the cheaper Purolator and not having a problem. Never bothered with it again.
Could be bad luck, failed engine or filter bypass, or a defective excessively restrictive filter
confused.gif
Didn't try to debug the filter issue any further than swapping and trashing it!

Where I live the Purolator Pure One is available only at Pep Boys and costs $5.99 + 8% sales tax .

A genuine Toyota oil filter costs $3.74 + 10% shipping and no sales tax if I order online. So I buy the Toyota oil filter, especially since I own a Toyota.

quote:

Originally posted by unDummy:
I tried using it with two different cars and had serious low rpm noise even when warm. Nothing like changing a filter in the auto parts store parking lot with the cheaper Purolator and not having a problem. Never bothered with it again.
Could be bad luck, failed engine or filter bypass, or a defective excessively restrictive filter
confused.gif

Same thing happened to me with the Bosch Premium..slooow rise in oil pressure at start-up and a warning beep on the dash
pat.gif
changed the Bosch out for a Premium Plus and never looked back
fruit.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Greaser:

quote:

Originally posted by unDummy:
confused.gif

Same thing happened to me with the Bosch Premium..slooow rise in oil pressure at start-up and a warning beep on the dash
pat.gif
changed the Bosch out for a Premium Plus and never looked back
fruit.gif

Same here Greaser
mad.gif
. The Bosch Premium caused too much noise at startup on my Explorer. The anti-drainback valve was also sutck in the open position after only around 1300 miles. Since the filter is mounted vertically, it did not matter, it is just the point. I have switched back to Motorcraft and have had no noise
smile.gif
-Joe

[ March 08, 2003, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: joee12 ]

Any more opinions on the PureOne before I switch. Teh K&N has worked fine for me, no probs on really cold starts or anything. I want a more efficient filter. Hopefully the PureOne flows better than the Mobil filter.

I have one question, can anyone explain when a filter goes to by-pass mode. Is this when flow is retricted and so the by pass valve opens up in the filter to allow flow?

quote:

Originally posted by SilverStreak:
Any more opinions on the PureOne before I switch. Teh K&N has worked fine for me, no probs on really cold starts or anything. I want a more efficient filter. Hopefully the PureOne flows better than the Mobil filter.

I have one question, can anyone explain when a filter goes to by-pass mode. Is this when flow is retricted and so the by pass valve opens up in the filter to allow flow?

Your description of why a by-pass valve opens is correct..as for the PureOne...never used one..the Mobil is a very well built filter...it just gave me a lag on my oil pressure gauge and a warning beep once in a while...using Purolater Premium Plus filter now...no more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back