PUKE, VOMIT ... What is your cleanup technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife had little passenger vomit in rear of the Camry. Wife is getting the chunks up. Any particular Do's or DONT'S for the real cleanup when she arrives home.

Wetvac to suck out carpet juices?
Steam?
Wet with an enzyme product of some sort and wet vac out?

I'm not talking about smell, thats one of the last issues of this matter (not that I wont listen to product reccomendations on that) BUT the real thing I am getting at is the main cleaning vomit and juice removal process.

We transport a lot of dogs, when one chucks, I clean up with paper towels, then liberal application of a enzyme product for pet stains and odors. If it is really messy, car wash vac to suck up excess after enzyme soak gets rid of most of the moisture. Sometimes a second application is required, but the end result is good.

Last edited:
Clean it up the best you can then bury it in baking soda. Let the baking soda suck it up, vacuum and repeat over several days. My niece broke it a new car of mine that way and you'd never know after some baking soda treatment.

Last edited:
Yep, just wet vac and the Blue Magic Carpet Stainer Remover is excellent. About $4 at WM with money back guarantee. It says on the bottle it removes blood, red wine etc. It's incredible.

towels to clean it up, any typical foam carpet cleaner will work, wipe it up some more, then stock up on more carpet cleaner because it wont be the last time.

I would get up what you can, then get your garden hose with a pistol grip nozzle. Spray the carpet while sucking up the water with a good wet dry vac. Afterwards use some baking soda or carpet cleaner and let that sit a while, then repeat the water and wet/dry vac.

Wife accidently left a gallon of milk in her civic backseat for a week in Texas summer heat. It exploded and never smelled because she took to professional detailer who cleaned it up for $125.

Pull the passenger seat. Should just be a few bolts.

Then soak the carpet. I did my saturn in dollar-store "bargain pine sol" mixed with water, lots of water. Alternate between this and the shop vac. The baking soda is a good idea too, will cut the stomach acid. Pulling the seat will let you see if there are any wiring harnesses you should know about. Pull the door sill plates too if sensible.

I know cheapo "pine sol" is weird but it removed the stains without messing with the carpet color. All you want is detergent without a ton of suds.

When it's all done, park the car in the sun with the windows down an inch. Will boil the water out but let a little wind through to take the humidity.

My mother would take the car to a professional car wash and pay for the premium interior cleaning package. It always solved the problem.

Enzymatic cleaning solution sold in pet section of Walmart or at Petsmart. Saturate the area with that first, then use conventional cleaning methods afterward.

Where are you located? I am located in Mchenry, IL and am a mobile detailer. I would use carpet cleaner with enzymes. Spray it, work it in with a stiff bristle brush and let it sit for about two minutes and use a cheap spotter (AKA little green machine) and suck all of it up. That should solve your problem. If you are near me, I could do it for you.

Try Resolve for Pets. Soak, vacuum out, soak vacuum out, let dry. Cover area with Arm & Hammer baking soda overnight, vacuum out.

Then leave the windows down until February 15th....
grin.gif

Oh wait almost forgot.....
37.gif

Last edited:
Up by Wisconsin Dells-Madison area. Using enzyme products, fingers crossed. The child aparently had some syrup on pancakes because I am catching a fake maple hint of smell amongst the vomit acidic odor boquet.

Originally Posted By: wn1998
Where are you located? I am located in Mchenry, IL and am a mobile detailer. I would use carpet cleaner with enzymes. Spray it, work it in with a stiff bristle brush and let it sit for about two minutes and use a cheap spotter (AKA little green machine) and suck all of it up. That should solve your problem. If you are near me, I could do it for you.

Up by Wisconsin Dells-Madison area. Using enzyme products, fingers crossed. The child aparently had some syrup on pancakes because I am catching a fake maple hint of smell amongst the vomit acidic odor boquet.

Enzyme from pet Store called Natures Miracle works awesome. It has cleaned up in mine and friends cars from kids/pets the following. Poop, Blood, Vomit, Chocolate shake, Baby Formula, liquid from ripped black garbage bag of cut grass sitting in sun for a week, Cat Urine was probably the worst but the grass a close second.

Vet told me about it. The Cat urine was first experience. Summer day, vet trip, wanted to torch the car it was that gross. Soak the area with it and let dry naturally. sucking it out doesn't let the enzymes work as long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back