PU 0w20 - when ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up and got 2 fills of Mobil 1 afe 0w-20 for this fall and winters oil changes.

Its just to expensive to mail order the PP.

Originally Posted By: kemo
does this come in 5 quart jugs at walmart? I have yet to see it (any grade PU).

It's at some and not others. We have 2 Wal-Marts here in Oswego,IL. One has it the other does not.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Just noticed it at Pep Boys 2 days ago.

PU 0W20 ?

+1 ??

Originally Posted By: kemo
does this come in 5 quart jugs at walmart? I have yet to see it (any grade PU).

Its carried at some....and not at other WM's.

When I was down in Southern California (Santa Clarita, Valencia) a few weeks ago...they all carried M1 0w20. I purchased a jug for $24.50....plus sales tax of 9.75% (OUCH). It will be my next fill.

But here in my town (Bend, OR)....its not carried. FYI....we have no sales tax in Oregon.

Last edited:
"sales tax of 9.75% (OUCH)"

Welcome to the land of overtaxed ! Did you notice how expensive gasoline is in California ? Because we have higher gasoline tax than most states.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
"sales tax of 9.75% (OUCH)"

Welcome to the land of overtaxed ! Did you notice how expensive gasoline is in California ? Because we have higher gasoline tax than most states.

Yes....I noticed... and was a aware of the high cost of living in California in everything from gas, to sales tax, to housing....and thats why I moved out of the state (to Oregon) six years ago. The state (CA) is in dire trouble....due to alot of reasons (mostly political)... that I won't go into at this time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Yup, 0W-20 quarts for $7.19/quart

Are you sure it was PU(Pennzoil Ultra) not M1 or Synpower or Castrol Edge ?

I don't like "ok"...

My walmart has it. I happened to check since I had to make a run there. They have everything but 5w40 in 5qt jugs for $26.50. I'm sure lots of wal-marts will be getting the 0w20 if they had PU before. It was nice to see the new section for PP/PU they put up. Just need some 5w40!!!

I don't mean to change the subject here, but it's related-where the heck is the 5w-40 ????

There aren't any Ferrari dealerships in Kansas, so don't say that.

Pennzoil is slim pickins at my WM... Ultra only comes in quarts, and there are very VERY few quarts available. PP has a couple jugs, also has few quarts available. then there is hm, couple jugs, few quarts. Plenty of PYB (in contrast to the rest), quarts and jugs, although it ain't selling for as expensive it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back