PSA: "Cats" the musical North American tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be starting Jan 2019; I highly suggest consulting the tour dates in your area and possibly booking that week for any hip or knee replacement surgery that will immobilize you. A back up plan maybe putting www.catsthemusical.com into your computer's host file so that any attempt to contact it by your S.O. will make it appear the site is down or overloaded. I appear to be in the blast zone for (2) runs (providence and hartford) so I have my work cut out for me.

I understand .ca is cutting down on refugee status but please be prepared for an influx of BITOG'rs, stashes in hand.

Feel free to add any suggestions.

https://www.catsthemusical.com/ustour/

I'm pretty sure making someone see Cats is against the Geneva Convention. Trouble is, not many wives have signed that Convention.
You could always step in front of a self driving Uber.

Ha, Ha! Pretty sure I’d balk at seeing a bunch of guys prancing around in embellished leotards and whiskers too, but if you can get over that, maybe it’s not so bad. I’ve seen the Phantom (twice) and Les Mis here in Toronto and thoroughly enjoyed them.

The First go around at the Phantom we had 4 or 5 noisy teenagers in front of us – sigh! No less than 10 minutes in all the giggles, chatter and restlessness was gone; they were completely enraptured. It was good to see with my wife and I sharing a smile. A little culture is a good thing.

Nonetheless, I'll take your advise under advisement.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
This gets the random thread of the week award.

Was thinking the same thing!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
I'm pretty sure making someone see Cats is against the Geneva Convention.

x2

I simply MUST chime in.

Cats is a weak musical at best. Undiscerning people love it as they do the felis domestica.

Phantom, Les Mis, Music Man, Carousel, Anything Goes etc. are real works of theatrical art. Cats was designed to be simply a "family musical" for YOUNG CHILDREN.

The famous musical Annie is for slightly older children. Both Cats and Annie have ONE memorable number, Memories and Tomorrow respectively.

Do a SMART thing (yes, I used the "S" word). Take the Mrs. to a play and engage your skull putty. This way you can support local theatre or smaller touring companies.

Also, you won't suffer exposure to the big show's tee-shirt and coffee mug concession people.

I saw them at the Queen's Theatre in London some years ago. Mr. Mistoffelees crawled up on one of the rails near us and sang a piece of his part. It was very entertaining and the music was great. Chrissie Hammond played the role of Grizabella and sang 'Memories'. I may try to see it again; thanks for posting.

Thanks.

I just lived through Phantom of the Opera

I don’t understand the fascination with what appear to be unhealthy relationships.

I guess controlling men are ok if they can sing.

Thought I would update my "Cats, the Musical" thread; went to see it in Hartford on Thursday It was well attended and everyone seemed to have a good time despite a single digit (F) temperature.

I will acknowledge Kira's commentary on it, as I see where it comes from, but I would recommend seeing something like this for "the experience itself" From a story telling aspect I had no idea what was going on, and a lot of the premise seemed like "a bridge too far" for me.

1-20 people doing coordinated activity on stage for 2 hours is impressive; throw in a live orchestra and some of the characters running up an down the aisles and occasionally interacting with audience members is just a wonderous evening. It ain't no Brigadoon.

Liken it to going to the Super Bowl; one may not like football, but the sensory experience of going to one would be worth it; A single point of view on a TV captures almost nothing of the experience.

Last edited:
My wife was in the HS drama club; she might like to see Cats...if so, she'll go with her friend Tina.

Her birthday is in July, it's in driving distance in August. Yeah, that works!
banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back