Proline PPL14476

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is off a 2007 Toyota Corolla it was in use for about 5,200 miles/3 months. Not bad for a $2.79 filter from Pep Boys.

Photo0032.jpg

Photo0033.jpg

Photo0034.jpg

Photo0035.jpg

Photo0036.jpg

Photo0037.jpg

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: den
Sorry but was is a escrap?

search

Come on. It's kind of hard for most people to figure it out when you are probably the only one using the term.

Originally Posted By: Silver02ex
Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: den
Sorry but was is a escrap?

search

Come on. It's kind of hard for most people to figure it out when you are probably the only one using the term.

Read!!!,,im not the only one..."come on"

Escrap or Ese whatever the heck it is, Daman means the mediocore E-Core Oil Fiters from Champion Labs found in AC Delco, STP, and Supertech Oil Filters.
34.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
It is human nature to fear change, I find the ecore better than the others due to them actually trying something new. Also, when I have used a good number of them on a number of different motors they work and do not fail. I also like the fact that they have thread end bypass', personal preference doesnt mean they are mediocre or garbage.

Originally Posted By: 5sfe91
was in use for about 5,200 miles/3 months. Not bad for a $2.79 filter from Pep Boys.
Not bad at all.

Thanks for the pics.

Yes it was also stamped Made In USA, and about .50 cents less than the Purolator classic.

not bad, better than those cheap wix's that are made in mexico and china.

Originally Posted By: Vizzy
Does any other chain store sell this line besides Pep Boys?

"ProLine" is a PepBoys trade name. Sears sold/sells "PowerFlo" oil filters that are Purolator on the inside. I don't know if they're a deal on price.

I also cut open a Firestone filter - TF4477 and it was pretty much the same Purolator guts, and made in USA.

I've never heard of those. Any pics? I'd like to see what the can looks like if possible.

I've got a ProLine on my Subaru now as of this past weekend. I've read conflicting stories about the amount of media that these Purolator-made filters have as compared to a 'real' PremiumPLUS/Classic, but whatever it is, I'm sure it's fine for a normal OCI. I had no problem buying a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back