proline@pep boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this the other day. It has the conoco philips logo on the bottom of the bottle and says it meets the G4 standards. pep boys has 5 quarts and a pro line filter for 9.99.

is this oil worth it (i assume its conoco's standard dino oil)? how long would you recommend running it?
does anyone know who makes the filter?

thanks.

If the oil is the equivolent of the MotorCraft/Kendall/TropArctic oil, then it's great oil but, it could just be OK oil blended by C/P. So we can all look for this symbol, what does the Conocl Philips logo look like? The ProLine oil at my local PB's has the W n/e stamp on the bottom of the containers.

Proline filters used to be made by Purolator but I'm not even sure who makes Purolator anymore. (Does Bosch make Purolator or does Purolator make Bosch....they seemed to have changed since the takeover.)

I am not sure what they call the new company that is partly owned by Botch. However, they make all the Purolators, Bosch, Motorcraft and several house brands.

Me? For what a Purolator costs I can buy something not only American made, but by an American owned company and a thread end bypass.

the logo on the bottom is three "c"s. There is a large c with a smaller c in it with a smaller c in it (just like the bottom of the motorcraft semisyn)

i actually just talked to conoco. the rep says this oil is blended to spec for pep boys. (i was hoping for a motorcraft clone)

Originally Posted By: wjli
i actually just talked to conoco. the rep says this oil is blended to spec for pep boys. (i was hoping for a motorcraft clone)

Hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back