Projector Headlights

You clearly haven't driven a vehicle with good projectors. HID projectors are fantastic when done properly. The ones on my BMW M5 were absolutely amazing.
Yea my HID in my KiA are amazing and they follow the road as in the headlights move (god help me if I have to replace the assembly, might have to sell a kidney)
That's the speed LIMIT, not the suggestion, nor the MINIMUM. Limit means "maximum." While it is common for people to drive 5 over, it's still illegal. And by definition, illegal is unreasonable, or in other words "negligence per se." Also, the laws everywhere demand that you drive according to weather, lighting, terrain, etc. When it's dark, it's smart to slow down due to less visibility, inherent difficulty seeing, and other notions. "Brighter lights" is not going to match ideal daylight conditions, nor is it the solution. The solution is to slow down a bit.

These concepts are all on your drivers ed test. If you disagree, try answering that it's okay to drive 5 over, and okay to overdrive your headlights at night, on your next test, and see how it plays out, explain to them that it's reasonable to speed just a little and overdrive the conditions.

On a 2 hour drive, following the law by slowing down by 10 mph from 80 to 70mph means you arrive ~17 minutes later. But you increase your reaction times and stopping abilities significantly, increase accident survivability by a large factor, all contributing to the difference between living and dying for everyone involved. Plenty of studies show that high speed is a major cause of an accident, and also an exponential factor in vehicle accident fatalities. This study shows that nearly all impacts over 60mph are fatal, and the fatality rate goes to 100% over about 70mph. https://www.littlerock.gov/media/2484/the-relation-between-speed-and-crashes.pdf

I'm not here to lecture people, but I have noticed that folks on the roads these days drive like they're getaway drivers on a bank heist.
Like he!! your not lecturing your entire post is a holier than thou lecture especially since the OP question is about headlamps but you had to stray off subject by lecturing adults to slow down.Stop trying to to police societyand work on your own issues. I'm sure that you think that you are the best driver in the world and everyone else is wrong. Are you one of those boneheads that drives in the left lane at or below the speed limit and wonder why every one is telling you your number one with hand signals?

That's the speed LIMIT, not the suggestion, nor the MINIMUM. Limit means "maximum." While it is common for people to drive 5 over, it's still illegal. And by definition, illegal is unreasonable, or in other words "negligence per se." Also, the laws everywhere demand that you drive according to weather, lighting, terrain, etc. When it's dark, it's smart to slow down due to less visibility, inherent difficulty seeing, and other notions. "Brighter lights" is not going to match ideal daylight conditions, nor is it the solution. The solution is to slow down a bit.

These concepts are all on your drivers ed test. If you disagree, try answering that it's okay to drive 5 over, and okay to overdrive your headlights at night, on your next test, and see how it plays out, explain to them that it's reasonable to speed just a little and overdrive the conditions.

On a 2 hour drive, following the law by slowing down by 10 mph from 80 to 70mph means you arrive ~17 minutes later. But you increase your reaction times and stopping abilities significantly, increase accident survivability by a large factor, all contributing to the difference between living and dying for everyone involved. Plenty of studies show that high speed is a major cause of an accident, and also an exponential factor in vehicle accident fatalities. This study shows that nearly all impacts over 60mph are fatal, and the fatality rate goes to 100% over about 70mph. https://www.littlerock.gov/media/2484/the-relation-between-speed-and-crashes.pdf

I'm not here to lecture people, but I have noticed that folks on the roads these days drive like they're getaway drivers on a bank heist.
Some states do have a law giving you the okay to go the “reasonable and prudent speed” aka “prima facie” on a given road. Other states take a hybrid approach, being Prima Facie to a certain point and absolute over that. Meaning if the limit is say 40mph on a back road, but you’re doing 45 on a nice calm sunny day and it’s just a long straight road with only farm land, legally you’re in the clear to go 45.

Projectors are horrible, pointless, and just unattractive. Give me a proper halogen in a real housing any day over shining a dim flashlight through a fisheye.
*sigh*

Such narrow minded thought process.

Just because you haven't personally experienced something greater than your personal experiences doesn't mean that those things don't exist.

From my own personally owned vehicles, I can list half a dozen vehicles with either HID or Halogen Projector lenses that I would put up against whatever vehicle you claim has the best non-projector halogen design.

I will start with my 2015 Porsche Cayman. Bi-Xenon HID headlights. These headlights turn as you go around corners, and adjust to throw their light further down the road as your speed increases, or if you have the car in Sport mode.
Next up will be my 2011 Mazda RX-8 with its Halogen Projector Low beams.
In third place would be my 1998 Porsche Boxster with its Halogen Projector Low beams.
Fourth place would be my 2014 Mazda CX-5 with its Halogen Projector Low beams.
Fifth place would be my 2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia with its Bi-Xenon HID headlights with high beam shutter operation, and cornering led lights that come on when you make a 1/4 turn on the steering wheel.
Sixth place will be either of my wife's Fiat 500's (Sport or Abarth), with its Halogen Projector headlights with high beam shutter operation.

Bring your best.
Its time you learn something about cars and headlights.

BC.

I get it. 80 is fast. I’m no kid. I understand all of what I’m saying. I-95 at night is great for making time if you do it properly. There’s no oncoming traffic. I’ve ever seen an animal on the road (doesn’t mean they’re not there)…
I don’t mean I want blindingly bright lights. I know that isn’t the answer. I would just like a little more reach out of these lights. I’m the first person to shut down my brights when people are coming toward me or passing and they have to be in front of me for a while.
Side note…. Another place Chevy chose to save a few cents was the oil filter. I changed it the day before we left. It was a tiny little thing with a sticker on it that said Replace With PF63E. It was tiny compared to the 63E. Good thing I didn’t make the trip with that thing on there.
My wife is a rockstar when it comes to night driving. We don’t drive tired. If we can’t do it we stop.
Even if we’re not trying to make time, the car still has substandard high beams. It’s an LT so it’s nicely optioned. If it would have cost 800 dollars more to have better lights, so be it.
Stop trying to justify yourself to these clowns.

Sometimes you just have to turn notifications off and let the chickens cluck.

*sigh*

Such narrow minded thought process.

Just because you haven't personally experienced something greater than your personal experiences doesn't mean that those things don't exist.

From my own personally owned vehicles, I can list half a dozen vehicles with either HID or Halogen Projector lenses that I would put up against whatever vehicle you claim has the best non-projector halogen design.

I will start with my 2015 Porsche Cayman. Bi-Xenon HID headlights. These headlights turn as you go around corners, and adjust to throw their light further down the road as your speed increases, or if you have the car in Sport mode.
Next up will be my 2011 Mazda RX-8 with its Halogen Projector Low beams.
In third place would be my 1998 Porsche Boxster with its Halogen Projector Low beams.
Fourth place would be my 2014 Mazda CX-5 with its Halogen Projector Low beams.
Fifth place would be my 2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia with its Bi-Xenon HID headlights with high beam shutter operation, and cornering led lights that come on when you make a 1/4 turn on the steering wheel.
Sixth place will be either of my wife's Fiat 500's (Sport or Abarth), with its Halogen Projector headlights with high beam shutter operation.

Bring your best.
Its time you learn something about cars and headlights.

BC.
That's fine. I'd gladly put my 03 Expedition or 05 Grand Prix up against any of those on a dark back road.

Often times, the reflectors in those scenarios also suck unfortunately. The earlier DS RAM trucks have absolutely awful halogen reflectors. The HID projectors, available on the higher trims were a massive improvement.

Our Durango had halogen projectors, my SRT's have the same style of projectors, but with HID's. The difference between the two is staggering.

You'd almost think it was done on purpose, to get people to buy the higher priced light units...

Some states do have a law giving you the okay to go the “reasonable and prudent speed” aka “prima facie” on a given road. Other states take a hybrid approach, being Prima Facie to a certain point and absolute over that. Meaning if the limit is say 40mph on a back road, but you’re doing 45 on a nice calm sunny day and it’s just a long straight road with only farm land, legally you’re in the clear to go 45.

Here, you MUST drive a reasonable and prudent speed, meaning you are not always in the clear even if you drive the speed limit. If conditions aren't optimal you MUST reduce your speed.

Yea my HID in my KiA are amazing and they follow the road as in the headlights move (god help me if I have to replace the assembly, might have to sell a kidney)

Like he!! your not lecturing your entire post is a holier than thou lecture especially since the OP question is about headlamps but you had to stray off subject by lecturing adults to slow down.Stop trying to to police societyand work on your own issues. I'm sure that you think that you are the best driver in the world and everyone else is wrong. Are you one of those boneheads that drives in the left lane at or below the speed limit and wonder why every one is telling you your number one with hand signals?

If you were brave, you'd give this answer on your next DMV test or to a patrol officer when you're speeding and pulled over. Tell them to stuff their laws and rules. lol. But you won't. It's just easier to be a keyboard commando and sling insults and name calling from behind a computer screen. lol.

And, it should be noted, driving too slow for conditions or in the left lane and blocking traffic is also a citable offense in many locations.

I'm an expert driver and drive in the correct lane, at the appropriate legal speeds for the conditions, use signals and the appropriate lights for the appropriate periods. I think most drivers are terrible and have no business on the roads, driving either far too fast and reckless or too slow or very inconsiderate. Very few people are actually competent safe drivers in my decades and million miles of accident free driving experience.

You can easily overdrive your headlights. If factory headlights are not bright enough, and you need flood lights, you are driving too fast at night. Period. Floodlights on vehicles today serve to make driving for you and oncoming traffic more dangerous, not safer. I am finding it harder and harder to drive at night because so much oncoming traffic is blindingly bright. Had a guy in a monster truck up behind me with what could have been mistaken as a prison yard set of flood lights that illuminated my entire vehicle and blinded me from every mirror in my car to the point I had to get off the road and let him pass. Blinding others so you can see better so you can drive faster does not make anyone safer.

If you were brave, you'd give this answer on your next DMV test or to a patrol officer when you're speeding and pulled over. Tell them to stuff their laws and rules. lol. But you won't. It's just easier to be a keyboard commando and sling insults and name calling from behind a computer screen. lol.

And, it should be noted, driving too slow for conditions or in the left lane and blocking traffic is also a citable offense in many locations.

I'm an expert driver and drive in the correct lane, at the appropriate legal speeds for the conditions, use signals and the appropriate lights for the appropriate periods. I think most drivers are terrible and have no business on the roads, driving either far too fast and reckless or too slow or very inconsiderate. Very few people are actually competent safe drivers in my decades and million miles of accident free driving experience.

You can easily overdrive your headlights. If factory headlights are not bright enough, and you need flood lights, you are driving too fast at night. Period. Floodlights on vehicles today serve to make driving for you and oncoming traffic more dangerous, not safer. I am finding it harder and harder to drive at night because so much oncoming traffic is blindingly bright. Had a guy in a monster truck up behind me with what could have been mistaken as a prison yard set of flood lights that illuminated my entire vehicle and blinded me from every mirror in my car to the point I had to get off the road and let him pass. Blinding others so you can see better so you can drive faster does not make anyone safer.
Thank you for proving my point.

Back