Problem Importing MS Access Database into MS Excel 365

A shot in the dark but I'm always amazed by the diversity of backgrounds here on BITOG. I'm trying to import an MS Access database file into Excel and I get the following error:

"The operating system is not properly configured to run this application".

Importing Text/CSV works fine. I can open the file in MS Access fine. I checked online and all I can find was the error was supposedly fixed in 2019. I'm running the most current version of Windows 11 and the most current version of Office 365. I've reinstalled Office 365 to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

That's odd, I take it you're in Excel and hitting the button to import data from Access?

I haven’t found much help online from a cursory search, I’d look at workarounds or perhaps having Access save it in a different format (maybe there’s a legacy one?) and trying that?

My first two (wild) guesses are:

1) Some form of Office stepping on its you-know-what because of a conflict in the infinitum of registry entries and shared libraries because at some point Office was upgraded or updated.

2) A licensing issue between the varying capabilities of differing versions ("version" in this case referring to "Pro" vs. "Home"; not "version 4.0" vs. "version 5.0").

EDIT: Googled. This seems fun:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-for-the/c8d07473-ac85-49a6-973c-a9819f6e99db

... but might be a good first step.

It's an issue with the MS Access database. We have issues with it in Bentley gINT program. This is how we fix it:

1.) Go to Control panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features.

2.) Find Microsoft Access Database -> right click on it -> Repair

3.) Restart your PC, try the import again.

There's chances you'll run across this issue again if MS releases another Access Database update.

Thank you both! I'll see if these work when I get a chance.

Thanks, everyone...I've tried everything suggested but to no avail. I was originally trying to open the database in Windows 11 ARM64 running in Parallels on my Mac with an M1 processor. I tried opening the Access database on a second M1 Mac running Win11 ARM64 and I get the same error but I do not get this error on my office Mac running Win11 x64 in Parallels. So this appears to be the first compatibility issue I've come across running Windows 11 ARM64 in Parallels on a Mac.

Back