PRO TEC #115 CUT OPEN, 1400~ MILES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this filter was put on by yours truly after my brother and I did a head gasket on a 2011' 4cyl Avenger. Oil used was QSAD 5w20 also. Not too shabby, and another SM QSGB 5w30 load and a FRAM TG-10060 went back on. Enjoy the photos

344xvnk.jpg

295uyhl.jpg

2lvocc7.jpg

qq7d36.jpg

opqwsi.jpg

14wyq0l.jpg

2cq17bc.jpg

n2y3k3.jpg

Yes on both vehicles. The Microgard on the Impala is also a Wix. Wix made for filters are a awesome value imo.

That does look very good Captain. Does look like that the Wix construction build is stout with this filter. I'm glad to learn that Microgard are made by Wix also. Ohh and I talked with a very nice guy at Carquest yesterday and he told me that the Carquest filters are going to start being made by Baldwin... I was like this is news to me as I had heard the Carquest red and blues were made by Champion Lab..

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nice low cost oil filter.

I would buy cases of ProTech if I could find them for $1.79 each.
You can, check Rockauto.com

Dyusik: please take a gander at title. 1,400 MILES, put on after doing a head gasket on a 11' Avenger. Sorry if I confused you or anyone else here. Went to 1,400~ miles and changed oil again to QSGB SM 5w20 from "the stash" and now car has 49,565 on it and 3,790 on that fill

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nice low cost oil filter. ...

I agree.

As always, thanks for the C&P car51; your effort is appreciated.
smile.gif

Hyundai OEM Oil Filter #26300-35503
Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20
Motorcraft Oil Filter #FL-910S
Motorcraft Engine Air Filter #FA-1890

car51,

You've cut and posted about 100 oil filters, keep up the good work. I noticed your photography is getting better compared to your early work.

Better and better cutting and picturing, practice makes perfect. I know it's an old issue but I can't get excited about the metal to metal oil seal on the base. For a low cost option seems to work though. One thing I would like to see more of in pictures is the actual adbv mounted on the element and baseplate as it would exist inside the can. To see how it may flow oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back