Pretty long quake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not feel it, around what time did it happen at your place? Web site lists 3.

Then again I have been bev'ing on Jim Beam since I got home from work at 4 am this morning.

Last edited:
3:40ish here. The site says 3:40.39 but my clock is not that accruate.

My cat didn't like it at all! His eyes were buggin out of his head.

Last edited:
Wow, maybe it's a coincidence, but about that time up here a bunch of birds just all of a sudden took off, and I thought I felt something, but figured it was a big truck going by on the next street or something. Wow. O_O

I was at my brother-in-law home in Fountain Valley, Orange County about 200-250 from the Quake center and felt little rolling, a couple picture frames felt off the wall. They raise the magnitude from 6.9 to 7.2.

The 1994 Northridge earthquake was much scarier, and we were about 70-80 miles away from the quake center.

24 earthquakes over M3.0 in a 1.5-hour period. That's pretty significant. I called my mom about 10 minutes after the 7.2 magnitude "big one", it was pretty crazy in San Diego.

I moved from San Diego two years ago, anything over M3.0 is a good-sized quake and will definitely make some big buildings sway.

I am more concerned though about the shack villages in Mexico that will no doubt be demolished, and with so many aftershocks and the risk of larger ones in the days to come, I think it be appropriate for prayers to be sent their way!

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: defektes
Ahh, I didnt get home till a little past 4 am, explains why I did not feel it.
Oh no it was PM. Like an hr ago!

Oh, Well I guess I should lay back on the bourbon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Wow, maybe it's a coincidence, but about that time up here a bunch of birds just all of a sudden took off, and I thought I felt something, but figured it was a big truck going by on the next street or something. Wow. O_O

Please tell me your a little closer to the affected region than New York.
spankme2.gif

Aren't you glad you weren't down some abandoned gold mine?
lol.gif

How's that rock you were trying to break? Still in one piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back