Prestone De-Icer Windshield Washer Fluid NLA ?

Here is NAPA’s version up here.

00FA979F-D8D7-4B8D-A300-FAF28E11416C.jpeg

It’s only bad if you drink it. :)
I wonder how the RV and Marine goes down? Maybe a splash of water to bring out the flavours?

Its supposedly non-poisonous and non-toxic **

Does a good load of propylene glycol get the gut moving along - if you know what I mean?

and again with all the ethanol in the RV and Pool antifreeze you essentially get - a GALLON of hand sanitizer for $2.48 cents !

** this post is in NO WAY promoting drinking of RV and Pool antifreeze.

I will instead promote a Столичная Vodka Martini Instead

pink martini.jpg

The other side of the coin is that you will drive around with inadequate fluid in the system and have a harder time seeing. That could lead to other things.

I just added a jug of 20/10 All Season to my reservoir. In my neck of the woods it’s not so much the ice and snow as it is the muddy spray that comes off trucks and such.

I wonder how the RV and Marine goes down? Maybe a splash of water to bring out the flavours?

Its supposedly non-poisonous and non-toxic **

Does a good load of propylene glycol get the gut moving along - if you know what I mean?

and again with all the ethanol in the RV and Pool antifreeze you essentially get - a GALLON of hand sanitizer for $2.48 cents !

** this post is in NO WAY promoting drinking of RV and Pool antifreeze.

I will instead promote a Столичная Vodka Martini Instead

View attachment 34858
I went to Autozone to buy some RV antifreeze. At the till, the girl asked me if I needed a plastic cup with that. No respect. ( apology to Rodney Dangerfield.) :LOL:

My local Walmart still had no Prestone in stock, so I went to the local NAPA store. They just received a shipment of the -27F blend. I paid $4.99 per gallon (includes the "NAPA tax").

The -49C Rain-X is crazy. Don't smoke when pouring that stuff!

Looks like Prestone increased the methanol concentration.
Or maybe the propylene glycol concentration?

I've used the peak -25 purple the last few years and its worked good. I don't like the film rain-x leave on your windshield where the wipers don't get.

I stopped using the RainX/water repellent stuff after it gummed up the windshield fluid level sensor on my 300. Never had an issue with the normal Walmart/Meijer brand stuff.

I hope that stuff is still available. That Prestone de-icer Is the absolute best windshield de-over/washer fluid for snowy climates by a country mile. I thought it was illegal in NY since I could never find it there. I remember when I went to school in Buffalo, I’d stock up on gallons upon gallons of that stuff in New Jersey when I’d drive back and visit my family in Queens nothing I’ve used works remotely as well.

Back