Pressure Washer Pump Suggestions?

Have MSV3024 Power Washer with Honda GCV190, 3000 PSI and 2.4GPM and pump is toast.

Which one should I get or if you have any suggestions or recommendations would appreciate them?
thumbsup2.gif

Based upon the engine you only have a limited selection.

AR makes good pumps, as does Comet. CAT makes the best. But you probably will not find a CAT triaxial pump for example.

Originally Posted by Donald
Some pumps are rebuildable if the housing is not cracked.

Why did the pump break?

It leaks water not from the top/high pressure area, rather bottom part where the tube for soap goes into the pump housing.

I got it as-is so no idea why it broke down, assuming pump got frozen and cracked from various places.

Originally Posted by Rand
a step up would be AR or comet brand expect near $200

That's an AR or no? https://www.amazon.com/Atima-Replacement-308653052-RMW22G24-EZ-RMW22G24-EZ-SX-PKG/dp/B07NN5FTLR/ref=sr_1_23?crid=14P2EMVL3KWU2&dchild=1&keywords=510003+pump&qid=1593049527&sprefix=510003%2Caps%2C1963&sr=8-23

Any idea where can I find CAT pumps and if there be a one which can be installed on this power washer?

None of the above. AR, Cat, or Comet. Unfortunately, because of the engine style you aren't going to find a lot of better performing stuff - just a lot of consumer grade junk.

Originally Posted by MNgopher
None of the above. AR, Cat, or Comet. Unfortunately, because of the engine style you aren't going to find a lot of better performing stuff - just a lot of consumer grade junk.

Is it worth fixing in terms of the motor being good? Or just get rid of the working motor then and call it a day?

I'd just say if its worth fixing, its worth fixing right. Looks like AR may be the only pump manufacturer of the three many have mentioned that makes a vertical pump which you need for your application,

I have a Honda GX 390 with a CAT pump. Wow is it good. Put on the zero deg nozzle at full pressure and WOT and you can cut wood like a water jet. Honestly its a bit much so I dial it back for normal work but its fun to know what it can do.

Vertical shaft engine pressure washers are the low end of pressure washers. I would not spend over $100 on a pump. Good pressure washers are all horizontal shaft.

Make sure you get a pump about the same size in GPM and pressure as old one. Or the description of the new pump identifies the HP needed and you have that HP. Do not want to drive a large pump with a small engine. But with a vertical shaft they are probably all in same ballpark.

On a consumer-grade machine, you're limited to your options. No upgraded pump is available.

I've installed this on my parent's pressure washer that is similar to what you have: https://www.amazon.com/North-Americ...sher+pump&qid=1593109032&sr=8-14

This one does have a oil fill plug, and I did top it off with whatever gear oil I have on hand - which was ST 75W-140. If I had to be in the position to buy another pressure washer, I'll get a horizontal shaft one with a Honda GX(or a Chinese knockoff from HF) that a true triplex pump can be used.

Originally Posted by nthach
On a consumer-grade machine, you're limited to your options. No upgraded pump is available.

I've installed this on my parent's pressure washer that is similar to what you have: https://www.amazon.com/North-Americ...sher+pump&qid=1593109032&sr=8-14

This one does have a oil fill plug, and I did top it off with whatever gear oil I have on hand - which was ST 75W-140. If I had to be in the position to buy another pressure washer, I'll get a horizontal shaft one with a Honda GX(or a Chinese knockoff from HF) that a true triplex pump can be used.

Thanks and are you happy with the purchase and any issues?

I'll probably end up buying chinese one and then sell it! Based on the reviews online pumps have a very high failure rate than the actual motor!

Originally Posted by maverickfhs

Thanks and are you happy with the purchase and any issues?

So far, so good. This pump was made in China by AR, an Italian firm. I don't have too many expectations for it.

Back