Pressure Washer Pump Rebuild Q: Using radial seals for axial movement?

Hello,

I'm attempting to rebuild my pressure washer pump (model #: BE RX710) of which the water has been getting into the oil, so I suspect there's a bad seal. This pump has a replacement parts kit (73.170.010) but it appears to be discontinued so I can't find anything.

I measured the water/oil seals on the plunger directly and they have the following dimensions (ID x OD x Thickness):
12x20x4 mm
12x20x6 mm

The only place I can find seals of the proper dimension is on Aliexpress. However, all those seals are for radially spinning shaft applications, not a plunger that goes in and out. So my question is, would it be ok to just use those seals for this application? Upon looking closely, I can't really tell a different between how the lip is cut except for that these pump seals don't seem to have that coiled garter spring on the lip.

Worst case scenario, I'm ok with having to rebuild this a little more often if these seals don't last as long. It's not too bad to get apart. I've had this pump for 10 years of which I'd estimate has had
Would love to hear your thoughts!

i have found that milky oil in the pump does not always mean a leak. its also caused by condensation especially when really cold water is passed through it. i would drain the oil more frequently and see what happens

MY Annovi Reverberi pump blew its oil seal, water got into the oiled parts about 3 years ago. Been too busy to rebuild it yet after about 30 hours of use with a blown seal, its still working perfectly fine. Considering how its still going strong, I'll likely just keep using it as is and replace the pump when it finally quits.

i have found that milky oil in the pump does not always mean a leak. its also caused by condensation especially when really cold water is passed through it. i would drain the oil more frequently and see what happens
It's definitely a seal leak. When I first caught it, I drain the oil and within the first use it got milky again.

Back