PQIA: API SP/ILSAC GF-6A is Here!

Thanks!

All of them (5w30) could be interchangeable additive wise. That 5w20 GTX Magnatec looks strong.

Thanks!

All of them (5w30) could be interchangeable additive wise. That 5w20 GTX Magnatec looks strong.

I agree about the Magnatec.. and the Valvoline maxlife looked quite nice too.

Truth is.... All major big name oil blenders like Mobil, Shell, Chevron, BP make oils that are truly outstanding...

Truth is... API SP Oils made by Amalie, Warren Distribution and Warren oil and Cam2 and Super S are really quite good too.

No more Noack testing? Did I miss the memo or is my vision bad? I suppose due to cost and/or variation in the results. Or maybe due to BITOGers making claims about oil quality due to Noack results. 🙃

It's just another point of comparison. Manufacturers don't want you making comparisons. They want you to read the marketing.
Of course you can always make comparisons by which approvals, specifications and licenses the oil has or does not have. That's not marketing (unless the blender or manufacturer is trying to obfuscate), those are real-life performance guarantees rather than amateur prognostications on an Internet board.

Yes, but every approval specification I've seen includes a Noack limit.

True indeed... API less than 15 percent... Dexos less than 13 percent and I believe soon that will be down to less than 12 percent... ACEA A5 less than 13 percent I believe... MB 229.5 less than 10 percent...

Back