powerline Ethernet adapter

I was looking at powerline Ethernet adapters this brand nexuslink seems to put out a decent product. anyone have experience with this brand or powerline Ethernet adapters in general?

I use a tp link router would you recommend sticking with the same for powerline adapter? Or not a big deal being all one brand specific?

I've used TP-Link powerline adapters. Those worked well. Seemed to be capped at 75 Gps. Newer versions look to be faster.
thats pretty fast...
I was looking at powerline Ethernet adapters this brand nexuslink seems to put out a decent product. anyone have experience with this brand or powerline Ethernet adapters in general?
What kind of breakers do you have in your breaker box? old type or CAFCI /ground fault interrupter style
I use a tp link router would you recommend sticking with the same for powerline adapter? Or not a big deal being all one brand specific?
Doesn't matter its a dumb device taking the place of a cable.

thats pretty fast...

What kind of breakers do you have in your breaker box? old type or CAFCI /ground fault interrupter style

Doesn't matter it’s a dumb device taking the place of a cable.
I have a mix of gfci and afci

I'm using a pair of 10 year old TP-Link brand power adapters to supply ethernet out to my little shop. Much faster than the WIFI signal from the house. My wiring is all from the 80's so no GFCI or AFCI in in the circuits.

I have a mix of gfci and afci
try to get one that has a ground plug and is newer.
The older ones may cause issues with those such as popping the breaker.. randomly.

I had a set of powerline ethernet adapters that would pop the breaker about 1 out of 10 times when the window ac started up and it was a small 5k btu window unit (350w) no powerline networking = no breaker pops.

I replaced the window ac and it still did it and then realized the adapters were new(ish).. tried another set they did same thing.

Right now I have a bigger inverter 8k btu unit and 500w of other load (gaming pc lights fan) and its rock solid.
I ended up running a cable through the breezeway ceiling and into the garage.

My wife has a rather robust setup provided by her company. She deals with companies all over the world, including with her company provided internet work phone and company VPN through the corporate office.
All through her company provided Dell Workstation. At random times they also send her new upgraded CPUs.
Anyway, her company requires ethernet, no wifi to the workstation they wont allow it. (dont know the reason but think its about security as they also use VPN) In our last much larger home this was going to be a problem, router main level central closet and her office was to be on the second floor. A pretty good distance away with a staircase inbetween.
Anyway, they sent her a Netgear Basics power line adapter. I was a bit surprised they sent a budget unit. Well, this thing has run for years now without a hi-cup. It's been so long I forgot how long, ten years? I cant remember when she went from office to home office its been a long time this thing has been running.

Never once in this time frame, including in our now new home have we had a problem with it. She is on regular weekly zoom meetings, on the software based phone hours a day all over the world. It just always stays connected. In our new home I can punch right through the wall to the router but haven't bothered because this thing just keeps on going. I thought I would go the direct route but she most likely will be retiring in a few years so not sure I want to bother.

IMG_7985.JPG
IMG_7989.JPG

Last edited:
My wife has a rather robust setup provided by her company. She deals with companies all over the world, including with her company provided internet work phone and company VPN through the corporate office.
All through her company provided Dell Workstation. At random times they also send her new upgraded CPUs.
Anyway, her company requires ethernet, no wifi to the workstation they wont allow it. (dont know the reason but think its about security as they also use VPN) In our last much larger home this was going to be a problem, router main level central closet and her office was to be on the second floor. A pretty good distance away with a staircase inbetween.
Anyway, they sent her a Netgear Basics power line adapter. I was a bit surprised they sent a budget unit. Well, this thing has run for years now without a hi-cup. It's been so long I forgot how long, ten years? I cant remember when she went from office to home office its been a long time this thing has been running.

Never once in this time frame, including in our now new home have we had a problem with it. She is on regular weekly zoom meetings, on the software based phone hours a day all over the world. It just always stays connected. In our new home I can punch right through the wall to the router but haven't bothered because this thing just keeps on going. I thought I would go the direct route but she most likely will be retiring in a few years so not sure I want to bother.

View attachment 220267 View attachment 220270
How would they detect a wireless bridge if you didn't tell them? I mean their control plane would not extend beyond the physical interfaces on the company PC. I mean obviously what you have is working, but, I'm just genuinely curious.

Back