"power" screwdrivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use them? I have one from W'mart for less than $10 and it works ok. Bonus is it takes 4 regular AA's. I mainly use it for the plates on our car as I remove them now and then to clean behind them.

Last edited:
I've had a Skil Power Twist for 10+ years and use it regularly for small jobs (and some that are frankly a lot bigger than it is supposed to handle). I was ready to toss it because the rechargeable battery was dead, but found some online places where you can still order them. Its got a new lease on life now.

The cheap ones will grenade on the first job you give them that's too tough.

I have one and it was worth its weight in gold when we were removing blinds to paint the house we bought.
Any job that has lots of screws in strange places it works like a champ. Much better than wearing your wrist out with a normal screwdriver.

I can't recall over the years how many times I've scratched plates on my vehicles besides relatives' from the screwdriver slipping off the screwhead. That is why the power one.

I just use my cordless drill, I'd think the good ones probably have better speed control than a cheap power screwdriver. I guess for alot of screws in a tight place the drill wouldn't be the tool for the job but I have used a flexible extension with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back