Potauto cabin air filter for Charger

wwillson

Staff member
I went to Walmart yesterday to buy cabin air filters for the Charger and Durango. Walmart had exactly zero of either, so I came home and searched on Amazon for the Fram numbers. I was surprised to see the Fram filters were $18 for the Charger and $35 for the Durango. I noticed another brand "Potauto", so I searched BITOG for reviews. It seemed that people were happy with the filters, so I ordered them for $9 each. The Filters are well constructed and should work fine. At $9 each, I'll keep the other $35 in my pocket and never know the difference in between Fram and Potauto.

Notice the filter media on the Potauto is much thicker than the factory filter.

20201018_190028980_iOS.jpg

...and less pleats...looks similar to an STP branded CAF I bought for my CTS Sportwagon a few years back when I couldn't source the OEM locally...I had no issues with mine but noticed zero improvement in air quality using the charcoal added filter...I recently replaced it with another OEM sourced from Rock Auto...

I have zero complaints on using other than OEM CAF but I was ordering from Rock Auto anyway and the price was less than anything I could find locally along with my other items...

Good luck with yours

Bill

I went to Walmart yesterday to buy cabin air filters for the Charger and Durango. Walmart had exactly zero of either, so I came home and searched on Amazon for the Fram numbers. I was surprised to see the Fram filters were $18 for the Charger and $35 for the Durango. I noticed another brand "Potauto", so I searched BITOG for reviews. It seemed that people were happy with the filters, so I ordered them for $9 each. The Filters are well constructed and should work fine. At $9 each, I'll keep the other $35 in my pocket and never know the difference in between Fram and Potauto.

Notice the filter media on the Potauto is much thicker than the factory filter.

View attachment 31999
You say Potauto, I say Potato.😁

Back