potato chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

You ate vegemite? That's hilarious! Why?

There was a jar of it at the hotel breakfast buffet somewhere in Asia. I just wanted to try me one of these vegemite sandwiches I had heard about.

quote:

Buying bread from a man in brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, do you speak-a my language?
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

I figured it was safe enough being as it was made by Kraft.

http://www.vegemite.com.au/

This was a few years ago. I spit it out after getting a taste and luckily managed not to ingest any of the stuff!

vegemite was an Oz icon until it got bought out...I buy local, mightymite instead.

It's a yeast extract, full of vitamin B, and our muscly Oz kids, even the girls, eat it on teething rusks from a very young age.

Being a yeast extract, and symbiotic to the brewing industry, maybe that explains Oz's penchant for products of the brewing industry.

Actually, that was an old university trick for a night on the turps...have a desert spoon of neat vegemite before retirning, and a litre of water.

quote:

This was a few years ago. I spit it out after getting a taste and luckily managed not to ingest any of the stuff!

ROTFL
lol.gif

I've only ever met one person from the US that liked Vegemite, and he was chasing a local girl, (and caught and married her) so read into that what you will.
wink.gif

Our cousins across the Tasman Sea are pretty partial too it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back