Post your motorcycle mileage

Had a 71 BMW 750 That got 52mpg highway. Had 850 GUzzi that I never cared what it got, I just loved the ride. I have had a lot of bikes over the many years of riding but my last was an 88 Goldwing 1500 that was the best for the highway. If I ran it on regular it got a solid 35 mpg. I tried higher octane and it always got less mpg and didn't feel as ready to go. I broken hip from a fall on ice that just was from walking to my front door, will take away motorcycle fun. Replacement hip has 250 lb. limit.

Had a 71 BMW 750 That got 52mpg highway. Had 850 GUzzi that I never cared what it got, I just loved the ride. I have had a lot of bikes over the many years of riding but my last was an 88 Goldwing 1500 that was the best for the highway. If I ran it on regular it got a solid 35 mpg. I tried higher octane and it always got less mpg and didn't feel as ready to go. I broken hip from a fall on ice that just was from walking to my front door, will take away motorcycle fun. Replacement hip has 250 lb. limit.
Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear about the hip. Maybe a lighter motorcycle and just ride with friends who can help in a fall?

Dear Scooter Diary,
Day 167, they still think I'm a motorcycle... Harley guys are starting to get suspicious, but most still believe that I'm an experimental model of Buell. New cover-up story required soon, to avoid losing a "Motorcycle Only" parking spot at work. Sucks not being a "real motorcycle", according to some. Wonder if CEO can be convinced to add a "Scooter Only" parking spot. Current MPG on last tank is 64.5MPG, still touching 85MPH mark, but not advised. Rear tire is worn out, temptation to join the dark side with a car tire on the rear is strong.

20220825_181532_HDR-01.jpeg

2008 Harley Electra Glide. 59,686 miles, have been averaging 49 mpg but have some efficiency upgrades on deck (Redline SI-1, new air filter, NGK Iridium IXs). Gonna take a nice trip this weekend & post numbers

Wow!! Love this. What repairs and what maintenance have you done??
The only major maintenance I have had done is a rear main seal, a water pump seal, and front fork seals. Other than that just religiously changing oil and filters 2500 to 3000 mi. Sometimes filter every other. If i'm on a long trip I may let it go to 5000 mi. I've changed oil many times laying on a piece of cardboard behind a Walmart oil change area.

Attachments

• PXL_20220826_013951052.jpg
    PXL_20220826_013951052.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 5
The only major maintenance I have had done is a rear main seal, a water pump seal, and front fork seals. Other than that just religiously changing oil and filters 2500 to 3000 mi. Sometimes filter every other. If i'm on a long trip I may let it go to 5000 mi. I've changed oil many times laying on a piece of cardboard behind a Walmart oil change area.
Also had to replace one final drive unit because of worn splines.

I might add that with my replacement hip I have taken up driving my wife's 1987 VW Cabriolet with the top down. It gets from 30 34 mpg and has AC and a 5 speed and if I must stay cool warm or dry it works. It has atuned exhaust so it sounds sporty and has Recarro seats so is very comfortable. We have driven it 600 miles in a day of course with the cruise control. I still miss riding but this works for the relaxation.

I might add that with my replacement hip I have taken up driving my wife's 1987 VW Cabriolet with the top down. It gets from 30 34 mpg and has AC and a 5 speed and if I must stay cool warm or dry it works. It has atuned exhaust so it sounds sporty and has Recarro seats so is very comfortable. We have driven it 600 miles in a day of course with the cruise control. I still miss riding but this works for the relaxation.
I love this!! Yes I loved my 92 Miata! It’s also safer. Enjoy “Wind Therapy” at any age!

2005 Ninja 250 gets 75 mpg if you stay below 60 mph. Hammering around and high speeds can drop to high 50's
Looking at a 2004 Ninja 250 locally. It only has 8k miles, and the asking price is $2500. Body is perfect. Can this bike cruise at 60/65 mph? Thx

Looking at a 2004 Ninja 250 locally. It only has 8k miles, and the asking price is $2500. Body is perfect. Can this bike cruise at 60/65 mph? Thx
Very easy. Mine cruises great at 75 to 90. Above 90 starts to get sketchy but doable. Next to semis on the highway is challenging. Light weight and wind turbulence blow you around. Again doable but just makes me a bit nervous. Actually cruising below 60 feels like you could get off and run next to it.

Back