Post your lawn mower photo.

Yes, this is my wife's mower. Takes a little more than 1/2 gallon to charge the battery to full using my least efficient generator. A full battery will mow half the yard. (I live in the farms on 2 wooded acres)

Next I'll try charging it with the very efficient (40%) Diesel Listeroid generator. Guessing less than 1/4 gallon diesel fuel.

By way of comparison, my commercial Snapper mower will do the yard with less than a tank. Holds about 20 ounces.

SJK3FO2.jpg
Seems like you’d use more than a half a gallon to mow an acre with a gas push mower. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Here’s my other mower. It’s a rear discharge. Does very well, but I’ve planted so many trees it’s getting to be a pain to use. Lol View attachment 75164
Those are a real pain for anything other than mowing wide open areas. I use one on my grandpa's field and it definitely cuts nice, but trying to mow close to anything, especially on a tractor with a loader is a pain.

Seems like you’d use more than a half a gallon to mow an acre with a gas push mower. 🤷🏼‍♂️
My yard is wooded. The lawn is modest in size. Not sure I can really say how big it is, but it's probably well less than an acre now, as the trees have grown in. I can absolutely mow the lawn with the Snapper push mower on less than one tank.

Those are a real pain for anything other than mowing wide open areas. I use one on my grandpa's field and it definitely cuts nice, but trying to mow close to anything, especially on a tractor with a loader is a pain.
I have a zero turn on order. Should be here next month. I was going to trade the rear mount in, but they were hardly going to give me anything for it so I decided to keep it for mowing the field where it can be a bit rougher.

I have a zero turn on order. Should be here next month. I was going to trade the rear mount in, but they were hardly going to give me anything for it so I decided to keep it for mowing the field where it can be a bit rougher.
They are great for field mowing, just not obstacles haha.

Here’s my 1988 John Deere 165 Hydro that I use for trim work.
View attachment 73340

My Cub Cadet XT3 that I bought new half way through mowing season last year, currently has 121 hours on it.
View attachment 73339

Finally, my 1987 John Deere 318 that’s currently in the shop (the XT3 replaced). Not sure yet what I’ll do with this one.
View attachment 73342
Looks like many places I've passed in St Clair, Madison or Clinton Co riding my bicycle. Nice looking spread you have!

Nothing too outlandish. Just a couple of workhorses.
Honda mower was free from the neighbor that was moving and had the last minute of the last day to get rid of it and just gave it to me. It was not maintained and took some coaxing to get running. But has been going for a number of years, now. Some days I mow the whole lawn with the push mower to get some good exercise.
The 316 has the 218 Onan. It needs front wheel bearings and a fuel line replacement soon. That will be a 3+ beer project next spring.
cvlwMowers.JPG

It's put away for the winter, but it's an oddball brand mower, so here's a generic picture. Dirty Hand Tools. Honda powered, RWD, feels like a tank. It's heavier than a typical mower, and that can be felt when not using the self-propel, but the handle is beefy and doesn't flex like so many do, and it cruises like a luxury car in a straight line.

DHT-Powered-by-Honda-21-SP-Inch-Mower-106461_1500px.jpg

Here's my old Honda RT5000. Air-cooled single cylinder 11 HP.

Four wheel drive. Four wheel steer. Locking rear differential.
Eight forward speeds, four reverse.
Hydraulic lift front and rear.
PTO front and rear.
46 inch mower deck.

I built a 1/2 cubic yard scoop out of 3/4" plywood, and hauled uncounted loads of topsoil.
Lifted an ~800 pound granite boulder completely out of the ground, and slid it across the property.
Did final grade on my property.
Pushed snow up to 2 feet deep (and wet).
Tilled the worst clay you've ever seen.

It's seen it's best days, and it's now resting comfortably, while a JD X470 cuts the grass...

Attachments

• HondaRT5000.JPG
    HondaRT5000.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 36
Here's my old Honda RT5000. Air-cooled single cylinder 11 HP.

Four wheel drive. Four wheel steer. Locking rear differential.
Eight forward speeds, four reverse.
Hydraulic lift front and rear.
PTO front and rear.
46 inch mower deck.

I built a 1/2 cubic yard scoop out of 3/4" plywood, and hauled uncounted loads of topsoil.
Lifted an ~800 pound granite boulder completely out of the ground, and slid it across the property.
Did final grade on my property.
Pushed snow up to 2 feet deep (and wet).
Tilled the worst clay you've ever seen.

It's seen it's best days, and it's now resting comfortably, while a JD X470 cuts the grass...
That’s a pretty wicked looking machine. Definitely proof that HP doesn’t mean a lot.

Indeed. My tractor is also 11hp. It’s amazing what gearing can accomplish. The only time I feel it’s not enough power is when running high speed attachments like mowers off the PTO.
Good looking tractor. Can’t tell the model? 1320 perhaps? Definitely Shibaura made.

Back