Post your latest oil change

Shaeffer9000 0w20 motor oil + Honda oem 15400-PLM-A02 Oil Filter

Attachments

• schaeffer-mfg-co-schaeffer-9005-supreme-9000-full-synthetic-gasoline-engine-oil-0w-20-1-quart_...jpg
    schaeffer-mfg-co-schaeffer-9005-supreme-9000-full-synthetic-gasoline-engine-oil-0w-20-1-quart_...jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 8
I understand completely. I am only responding to ?? And comments directed at me over my comment on my Hyundai. Not trying to derail. Just trying to respond. Love bitog. Have a great evening 😎
I think what he is saying is generally people post the type of vehicle, current miles of the vehicle, mileage on oil, brand and type of old and new oil and filter, number of quarts etc. That’s pretty much the standard format of posting on this particular thread. That’s the information we like to know here on BITOG 🙂.

No need. As as auto tech I have seen plenty of high mileage Hyundai's. The gdi ones are the ones that have had the most problems. All makes and models have problems. New Chevy with less than 1000 miles at the dealership for trashed lifters due to afm. No one manufacture builds every thing perfect
you said it brother.

2006 Ford Ranger 3.0
Mileage: 310,000
Mileage on oil: 4900 (9 months)

Out: Mobil 1 5w30 SH rated (from deep in my stash) Motorcraft filter

In: German Castrol 0w30 (green) (also from deep in the stash). I only have 5 quarts of GC green/gold left. Napa Gold 1516 filter

I did find something interesting when I checked my air filter. Some small birds that always congregate around my truck in the driveway left me a surprise.
View attachment 168230
Wrens

2012 Scion xB.
80,025 miles on vehicle.
4,961 miles/ 5 months on oil/filter.
1 qt makeup oil added, low 1 qt at time of change.

Out/off: Rotella Gas Truck 5w-30/Bosch D+ 3422
In/on: Rotella Gas Truck 5w-30/Fram TG3600

View attachment 168049View attachment 168050

Oil usage has not really gotten any worse in past 30,000 miles, but have switched from Xw-20 oils to 5w-30.
Not really sure if it makes a difference in these 2AZ-FE motors.
This motor is supposed to be one of the "updated" ones and is not covered under the 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty (although I am past the time for it anyway).
While I am not happy about 1 qt use every 2,500 miles, I know it could be worse, and if it stay at this rate, I can deal with it.
My daughter knows to (and does) check her oil every 1,000 miles or so to make sure it is not too low, and there is a spare qt and funnel under her hood for when it is low.
Good Dad! My daughter can perform a c-section, but can’t check the oil.

I've always been curious about Shaeffer.
I just found it myself a couple years ago. I can not tell a lot about them other than what any of us could read on their site. I can tell you several retired mechanics told me about its many uses and what they thought about it. (good oil) I can say I used it and then tried a few others in our G-DI turbo engine powered car and returned to Shaeffer's oil. WHY? Car just seems to run better? So quiet with it that it is hard to tell it is running at times and it feels like it runs smoother. Of course I have zero lab reports and no comparison charts or proof of its quality vs any other oil. LOL ~ I do have proof it is not cheap. I plan sending off a sample after this oci to Polaris/OilAnalyzers labs to see how it looks after this current run. I will post the results when it is done.

Back