Post your latest oil change

Latest oil change on the 2022 Hybrid Maverick at 6608 miles. 44xx miles on the drained oil.

Out: Mobil 1 Frankenbrew and Motorcraft filter

In: 5.7 qts Mobil 1 frankenbrew and a new Motorcraft FL-910s filter

Engine uses no oil. Drained oil was moderately black. Drained oil has a very slight fuel smell.

Next change will be at the dealer in the spring. Probably a freebie with my Ford Pass Points.

Last edited:
My van, I do a lot of short trips, even driving out of my way to help warm up my engine. (no idling in place stuff for me)the ST 5-30 had 1100 miles on it in 11 months. It didn't look bad but I drove in temperatures below zero all last week (-14) and felt bad about not having changed my oil. I use the fram ultra synthetic filters now. Using a larger FL-1A-sized filter. XG-8A I think. I also added a quart of chevron semi-synthetic 5-30 to the ST full synthetic, I like what I read about the additive pack.
I feel better having fresh oil when extremes of cold or heat are starting up. The van seems to like it also.

Was that the factory fill that was drained out?
No that’s it’s 4th change. I guess I wasn’t very clear my mistake.

I wasn’t alerted to the world of BITOG when I first bought my car. I trusted the yearly oil change. I let them still do the yearly as it’s under power train warranty still.

However I do my own change at the 6month mark they they don’t.

06 Toyota matrix, 181k miles, 4800 miles on old oil
Out: Havoline 5w30 syn blend, AC Delco filter
In: 2 qts 0w20, 2 qts 5w30, 1 qt 15w50
A83B5C64-ED23-40F8-AA3B-EB02673679B1.jpeg

1990 Pontiac Fomula with 5.0V-8 engine

Out: PYB 10w30 and Fram orange can

In: same

Stepfathers car, yesterday brother and I replaced the rotting from inside out brake hose on left front as well as right front one. Right one wasn’t bad but he supplied bearings, rotors and new pads. Everything AC DELCO professional too. We replaced calipers also.

Took us 3 hours. Even flushed a ton off brown/black brake fluid out of system and bled entire brake system. 76,001 miles on car also. Stepdad bought it brand new in 1990

Back