Post your latest oil change

Originally Posted By: BobFout
6 quarts?
shocked2.gif

Yessir, the book calls for 6.2 quarts, but I've never been able to get that in there!

It's a fairly high-revving (over 7K RPM, after some minor tuning!) 24v 6-cylinder (2.8L VR6) engine designed to be run hard, with a 10K OCI from the factory, so... I would guess a larger sump is better than a smaller one...

robert

Originally Posted By: robertcope
6 quarts?
shocked2.gif

Yessir, the book calls for 6.2 quarts, but I've never been able to get that in there!

It's a fairly high-revving (over 7K RPM, after some minor tuning!) 24v 6-cylinder (2.8L VR6) engine designed to be run hard, with a 10K OCI from the factory, so... I would guess a larger sump is better than a smaller one...

robert

Ah, I was thinking 1.8T, not VR6.

2003 VW Jetta TDI, healthily modified with turbo upgrade. Mobil 1 0w40.

I totally missed that the first time around. Cool car, I bet it moves pretty well after the upgrades! I would love one of the new TDI Cup edition Jettas. Or better yet, an actual TDI cup car!

robert

Originally Posted By: robertcope
2003 VW Jetta TDI, healthily modified with turbo upgrade. Mobil 1 0w40.

I totally missed that the first time around. Cool car, I bet it moves pretty well after the upgrades! I would love one of the new TDI Cup edition Jettas. Or better yet, an actual TDI cup car!

robert

Compared to stock, yes it moves well. It should be on-par with a 1.8T now in terms of peak HP, but with a fairly flat powercurve across the rev range.

Last week:
2007 Tacoma 2.7L 4 cylinder
6.1 qts Toyota OEM 0W-20
Purolator Classic filter

Late last month:
1969 VW Bus 1.6L air-cooled 4 cylinder
3.2 qts Brad Penn 20W-50
ProMotive filter

1997 Toyota Tacoma SR5, 133457 miles
TRD Supercharger since 17K miles

6 quarts of M1 0W40
M1 EP filter

Previous oil was AMSOIL SSO; it had 5534 miles on it. Moved to the M1 because it will likely work well, I like the higher HTHS with the supercharger (I know, at this mileage, does it really matter?), and everything else I own uses it.

robert

2001 Saturn SL1

130,939 miles

10-30 Trop-Artic Semi-Syn with a Pint of MMO in the Oil

PureOne Ext. Length Filter

Went with 10-30 for the hot summer, usually run 5-30.

2002 Subaru Forester

106k miles

Valvoline Maxlife full Synthetic 10W-30

Purolator Purone filter.

I have read somewhere that the Maxlife full-syn is really their Synpower with some extra detergent and seal conditioners in the add pack.

May 23, 2010 7.5K miles. Previous OC Jan 1, 2010 3,100 Miles PZ 5W-20 YB MotorCraft Filter, first OC.
2009 Ford F-150 FX4
5.4 Triton
7 QT'S QS conventional 5W-20
MotorCraft Filter.

2008 VW Rabbit, 35613 miles

6 quarts of M1 0W40
Mann filter

6018 miles on the oil. Was shooting for 5K, but not really concerned about goin over. Doing 1/2 factory OCIs for now, will sample at 40K and probably move to 10K OCIs from there on out.

robert

My first oil change in the Subie:

Mobil 1 0W-40
Bosch 3323 filter (IIRC - the listed oil filter was SMALL, I searched around on the net to find a larger filter).

2002 Tundra;4.7V8

6.5qts of 5W-30EP and a M1 filter. Bought (2)x5qt.

Filter change requires the removal of a 20-ish lb belly pan so I'll probably run 7K-8K OCI on this fill and then just do another 7K-8K before changing the filter. Pretty severe service, many cold starts and 1-2 mile trips.

Friend's vehicle and I thought I would save her some $$ by offering to do an OC; side benefit is I can use the other 3.5 qts for my OC

Last edited:
1992 Accord, 198,700 miles
Delvac 1300 15w-40
Pure One

I figure I 'd better use the Delvac I purchased on impulse a while back.

I was aiming for 10K on the M1 10W-30HM, but the dipstick is showing "add" and I'm out of the stuff. 8700 miles (much of is very short city trips) and one year's service is enough. Sample off to Blackstone this week.

I don't know how long I'll run the Delvac. 5K at least...

A quick trip to the store didn't reveal any 'sluggishness' (or any indication that I'd just change the oil!) The car revved and idled as before. Despite trying, I could feel no difference.

Last edited:
Back