@VIOC

20221029_081619.jpg

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL
3800 Series III
153260 engine miles

Oil Change Interval: 3228 miles
Oil Life Monitor: 65%

Out: STP Full Synthetic 5w30, Carquest premium oil filter 85040

In: Pennzoil Platinum 5w30, AC Delco PF47E filter.

OCI was conservative because I bought this car over the summer and while the previous owner had recently changed the oil, they did not change the filter and it looked very old. I am having an oil analysis done to check the health of the engine. It runs well and used only a half-quart in 3228 miles.

Edge. OCI 9,800 miles. Nearly annual.

Amsoil XL 5W-30 out
Amsoil XL 5W-30 in
Amsoil filter.

Check it out in a few weeks when my Blackstone report is posted. Engine is running great!
@SevenBizzos : did you ever post the Blackstone report? I’m curious about Amsoil XL & SS in Fords. Of course, this would be most relevant to me if it were a 3.5 EcoBoost (gen 1).

Castrol GTX Magnatec Synthetic Blend 5W-30
You must have a stash of the good stuff, it hasn't been a Synblend for a year or two. Unless you need API SP etc, I liked the old Magnatec semi-synthetic. Their 10W30 (our Euro A3/B4 semi-syn version) was the smoothest oil I ever ran in the Astra, I had to keep checking at red lights to see if the engine was still running, as I couldn't feel it. The ILSAC version you are running produced an absolutely stellar series of UOAs in the twin turbo ecoboost engines.

I've tried the newer full synthetic Magnatec (again our 5W30 A3/B4 full-syn version) in the same car, but I could clearly feel the engine. I'm sure it's at good oil, just not as turbine like in my GM Holden Astra.

You must have a stash of the good stuff, it hasn't been a Synblend for a year or two. Unless you need API SP etc, I liked the old Magnatec semi-synthetic. Their 10W30 (our Euro A3/B4 semi-syn version) was the smoothest oil I ever ran in the Astra, I had to keep checking at red lights to see if the engine was still running, as I couldn't feel it. The ILSAC version you are running produced an absolutely stellar series of UOAs in the twin turbo ecoboost engines.

I've tried the newer full synthetic Magnatec (again our 5W30 A3/B4 full-syn version) in the same car, but I could clearly feel the engine. I'm sure it's at good oil, just not as turbine like in my GM Holden Astra.
That was my last jug, unfortunately. I bought it in 2016.

• Sad
Reactions: SR5
2014 Scion XB, 71300 miles 2AZ-FE auto

Out: Pennzoil Ultra Plat. 5W20, Wix filter
In: Same, with Beck/Arnley filter, Korean I believe.

This OCI was about 3400 mi., a bit less than the usual 4500 or so. I wanted to get it done before Winter.
Pleased to say that this PUP has another fan. The oil consumption on this car has gone from an estimated Qt. in 1500-1700 mi. to a shade over a Qt. in the 3400 mi. OCI. I only wish I had bought more while WM had it at $23/5qt. Now almost $36. This car had been on Castrol Edge or MT for years.

Wife’s 2016 Jeep Patriot 2.4; 55,973 miles.

Out: RTG 0W-20 and OE Plus 10060 (CT) filter; almost exactly 10 months and 6k on both.

Used a bottle of Wynns engine flush due to the long interval; did bring out some fine carbon junk in the drain oil.

In: Castrol Edge EP 5W-20 and an old-style Fram XG10060 filter; both got on clearance sales. Will probably go another year and 6k on this combo, wife does nothing but short in town trips now.

Back