Changed out the Mobil 1 0W-40 after 4,057 miles with:
4 quarts of Valvoline SynPower 5W-30
Purolator PureONE PL14459

~171,270 miles on the car right now.

2001 Chrysler Sebring Lxi V6
5 qts Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30
Pure One Filter

replaces a fill of PP
approx. 5K OCI's (engine's a known sludger)

2002 Ford Ranger 3.0 Vulcan - 97,800 miles
5.5 quarts of Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic 5W20
Motorcraft FL400S filter

The truck is doing great since switching to synthetic. It burned a little oil and weeped some around the rear main seal during the first two changes with synthetic, but all of that has stopped completely. I have been going for roughly 6000 mile intervals, and the oil isn't even turning black in that time (dark brown, but definitely not black).

99 Malibu 2.4 "Twin-Cam" 189k miles

Installed 4 quarts 5w-30 Valvoline WB & STP filter.

Replaced PYB 5w-30 & AC/Delco with 7,400 miles.

Mazda 3 2.0l w/107k miles

removed [censored] oil and [censored] fram filter (with the date 5/16/09 on it)

put in resolute 5w20 synthetic blend and a supertech filter

this oil change is really to get the [censored] out of the engine after 3k then I'm switching to QS synthetic and doing 10k runs on it!

2008 Mazda MX-5 PRHT-GT w/12k miles

4.6 Quarts Mobil Clean 5000 5w30 with ST Oil Filter

Trying 5w30 after 12k miles of 5w20 seems good so far

2008 TOYOTA Yaris sedan : 3 qts. + 22 ounces SHELL 5w-30 conventional ($2.12 a qt. including tax ) and TOYO ( Denso ) oil filter ( $3.50 each ). Poured used oil from oil filter and oil pan into empty gallon ( 4 qt. ) jug and was little over 3 quarts . So must be over 3/4s' of a quart of oil left in engine .

05 Ford Excursion, dropped the MC 15w-40
Shell rimula 10w-30 + 2 bottles of ARX
Motorcraft oil filter and fuel filters

02 Grand Caravan, dropped the MaxLife 10w-30 the van was quiet with this oil but my butt dino didn't seem to like it for some odd reason.
Went back to the super tech 0w-30...the van loves it!

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

318 Magnum with 177,989 miles

Replaced Valvoline Full-Synthetic Max Life (Silver Bottle) with 10w30 Max Life Blend (Red Bottle). I figure at this stage in the game...does it really matter?

Purolator PureOne Filter

Also, just changed the original spark plugs and fuel filter. Fuel Filter contents didn't look much different than what came out of the oil filter. Sick.

Hi guys im a bit new to this so i decided why not start off by posting in this thread.

Currently i changed my 2003 Chevy Malibu with 91000km on it
with Quaker State 3387A filter the white one and 5L jug of Valvoline Conventinal bought at wally world for 11.88. All is good except oil temp gauge some time goes over the half mark tick

Originally Posted By: CarNewb
Hi guys im a bit new to this so i decided why not start off by posting in this thread.

with Quaker State 3387A filter the white one and 5L jug of Valvoline Conventinal bought at wally world for 11.88. All is good except oil temp gauge some time goes over the half mark tick

I maintain a 2003 Malibu also, and the coolant temp used to do that for us too. It eventually went away. It mainly did it after we had the intake manifold gasket replaced, and I believe the coolant wasn't bled properly.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Originally Posted By: CarNewb

I maintain a 2003 Malibu also, and the coolant temp used to do that for us too. It eventually went away. It mainly did it after we had the intake manifold gasket replaced, and I believe the coolant wasn't bled properly.

Oops, I just re-read that and you said oil temp -- are you sure you don't mean the coolant temp? The 03 Malibu didn't have an oil temperature gauge factory installed.

Well im assuming its an oil gauge its right next to the fuel gauge on the right hand side?. You must pardon me as im not to well informed of car components as you can tell by my screen name :)

Back