Post your latest oil change

Big weekend for maintenance for me.

Serviced my 2018 Ford Escape 2.0 EcoBoost at 30k in February with store brand group 3 syn, changed the trans fluid with 4 qts. of motorcraft mercon lv and changed the PTU with Lucas 75w140.
Now 2,500 miles later I changed the oil with Amsoil 5w30 and an Amsoil filter, changed the trans fluid with Amsoil efficiency low vis trans fluid and changed the PTU with Amsoil severe gear 75w140.

I bought the car used and did the short intervals as a "flush" service before using the expensive stuff. I hope to see some sort of gains with this but I'm not going to hold my breath.

2017 Ford Escape, 2.0L Ecoboost

Odo at change: 102372
Out: Mobil 1 HM 10w-30
Hours on oil: 167
Miles on oil: 102,372 - 94,985 = 7,387

Off: none, round 3 Fram Ultra Guard
Hours on filter: 113 + 167 = 280
Miles on filter: 4,950 + 7,387 = 12,337

In: 4qt Delvac 1300 + 1qt Mobil 1 HM 5w-20 + 6oz 50/50 TB zinc plus / Lubegard Biotech
On: round 3 Fram Ultra Guard

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
That's a big jump from store brand name to Amsoil. I'm guessing you will at least double your OCI now.

Yes, a 6 month oci should be about 7500 miles for me. I'll change and sample to see if I can push it to 1 year.

Originally Posted by 4WD
How did the oil from the PTU look both changes ?

The first change at 30k looked pretty bad. Not as thick as some I've seen but definitely gray and full of junk. The next change at 32.5k was still carrying dirty crap with it but was still transparent and looked like gear oil. Hopefully that got the majority of junk out of it before I used the Amsoil.

2008 Acura RDX with 138K

Out: Castrol Edge 5W-30 / FRAM XG7317
In: Kirkland 5W-30 / 15400-PLM-A02 (OEM Honda filter for the RDX)

Decided to try the Costco full synthetic because why not? I like living on the edge.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by pjhalifax
2008 Acura RDX with 138K

Out: Castrol Edge 5W-30 / FRAM XG7317
In: Kirkland 5W-30 / 15400-PLM-A02 (OEM Honda filter for the RDX)

Decided to try the Costco full synthetic because why not? I like living on the edge.
laugh.gif

I think you mean you just got off the Edge.
Your Acura should do fine on Kirkland.

2004 Camry V6. Five quarts of Mobil I 0W-30 AFE and one DENSO YZZD3 oil filter. Went reasonably well. Still need to dump drain oil in original Mobil container as my five gallon Jerry can is full and Walmart Auto Dept. is not open to accept used oil. Might try AA. Two months late doing spring maintenance. Thought for awhile I had done my last oil change. Age and very bad PHN (damaged nerves from shingle attack twenty one years ago) make it difficult for Hosteen to move arround so much. Best advice you will ever get. Get the shingles vaccine(two-part) no matter what it cost you. You don't want to chance getting shingles and having it leave you practically an invalid. Some twenty percent of individuals who are afflicted with shingles are left with damaged nerves that will NEVER heal. Twenty one years of chronic pain 24/7. DO IT

2013 Honda Pilot 3.5, 56k miles
*Valvoline 0w-20 Syn
Fram Tough Guard
*Honda DW-1 ATF, drain/refill
(thank you @Mr Nice)

2017 Silverado 1500 5.3, 25k miles
*Shell Rotella 0w-20 Syn
Fram Tough Guard

2005 Chevy Impala 3.4L

OCI: 4 months/1700 miles

Oil Out: Bulk dealer
Filter Out: AC Delco PF47E

Oil In: Driven 5W-30
Filter In: Fram Ultra

Didn't expect to change the oil this soon, but I noticed a small puddle in the valley under the intake plenum which made me wonder about the state of the lower intake manifold gaskets. I cleaned it up and want to see if, when, and how quickly the fluid leaks back into that area. In the meantime, I grabbed a sample of the oil to send out for a UOA to see if there's any coolant in the oil.

Our Walmart had a cart by the door that was full of used oil. I assumed they put it out there, but maybe not.....my oil went in it anyway.

'98 S10 in sig
193,979 miles

Out: Mobil 1 HM 10W30, Wix filter
In: Mobil 1 HM 10W30, Mobil 1 M1-201

OCI 3,976 miles, 24 mos.

Early change as truck was in the shop for rear main seal, front timing cover with front crank seal, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, oil filter adapter gasket & o'ring, oil cooler hoses, water pump, both engine mounts, transmission mount, and an A/C evacuate and recharge.

Originally Posted by DavidZ28
'98 S10 in sig
193,979 miles

Out: Mobil 1 HM 10W30, Wix filter
In: Mobil 1 HM 10W30, Mobil 1 M1-201

OCI 3,976 miles, 24 mos.

Early change as truck was in the shop for rear main seal, front timing cover with front crank seal, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, oil filter adapter gasket & o'ring, oil cooler hoses, water pump, both engine mounts, transmission mount, and an A/C evacuate and recharge.

What was the bottom-line, final cost to the owner of what now-is a 22 year-old vehicle with almost 200k?

Did someone from the repair shop do the work there.... or you?

My 99' S10 was a lemon from 80K-on. At 145k, I finally got fed-up with all the repairs and gave the vehicle to a needy person on low income - that was walking four miles to work every day.

Last edited:
2003 Camry with 115K. 6K on OCI.

out: Mobil Super 5W30 & Fram TG4386

In: Valvoline Synthetic 5W30 & Ecogard synthetic S4477

Used one quart..

I've been thinking of leaving about five gallons of drain oil by our local Walmart's automotive entrance. Trouble i, it's in my Jerry can I have had for forty some years.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
I've been thinking of leaving about five gallons of drain oil by our local Walmart's automotive entrance. Trouble i, it's in my Jerry can I have had for forty some years.

Buy a cheap gas can or oil storage containers from autozone and transfer.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey

Get a 5G bucket and a lid from Home Depot or HF.

Back