Post your latest oil change

2019 Honda Pilot with 14k with just a tad less than 5k OCI's. Maintenance minder was at 60% with about 3,800 miles since last change.

Out: Dealer serviced Castrol Edge 0W-20

In: Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20, did not change the filter.

Took a sample and will be sending off for analysis. Will be interesting to see if the oil would stand up to a full run per the maintenance minder.

2011 Ram 1500 5.7l
Out / In: Shell RGT 5w20 / Shell RGT 5w20
Off / On: Fram TG2 / Fram TG2

2016 Buick Encore 1.4l
Out / In: Shell RGT 5w30 / Shell RGT 5w30
Out / In: Fram CH10246 / Fram CH10246 (HENGST housing)

2011 Mazda 3 2.0l
Out / In: Mazda 0w20 / Shell RGT 0w20
Off / On: Mazda oil filter / Fram XG3612

All came due within a couple of weeks of each other, so I got them all done together. Used up all of my Auto Zone RGT stash with the exception of one more OCI for the Chrysler, which is due in 700-800 more miles.

Last edited:
I bought a 5-quart jug of STP 0W-20 for our 2011 Honda CRV SE (72,000 miles) for $20 at AZ. I usually use Supertech full synthetic from WM, but I was too lazy to drive the 10 miles there.

Anyway, this STP is SN Plus (for turbo engines, though my car is not a turbo) and it's full synthetic and Dexos compliant. I had a Wix filter leftover from my last Rock Auto stock up buy.

Who makes this STP oil? I am kinda leery about it, but it sure looks better than the pitch black filth that came out of the crankcase. lol. I was lazy and waited until the oil change monitor was down to 15% and the wrench icon came on. I usually change it at 30% life left.

If you guys report that the STP sucks, I will probably change it at 50% with something better.

Last edited:
2012 Acura TL SH-AWD 6MT
98,642 miles
4461 miles since last oil change

OUT: Pennzoil 5w20 Pure Plus Ultra Platinum (plus various make up oil ~2.5 qts)

IN: 4.5 qts Pennzoil platinum high mileage 5w30

New Fram Ultra filter
Much longer OCI due to more highway driving during Covid crisis

Originally Posted by jd_1138
I bought a 5-quart jug of STP 0W-20 for our 2011 Honda CRV SE (72,000 miles) for $20 at AZ. I usually use Supertech full synthetic from WM, but I was too lazy to drive the 10 miles there.

Anyway, this STP is SN Plus (for turbo engines, though my car is not a turbo) and it's full synthetic and Dexos compliant. I had a Wix filter leftover from my last Rock Auto stock up buy.

Who makes this STP oil? I am kinda leery about it, but it sure looks better than the pitch black filth that came out of the crankcase. lol. I was lazy and waited until the oil change monitor was down to 15% and the wrench icon came on. I usually change it at 30% life left.

If you guys report that the STP sucks, I will probably change it at 50% with something better.

Historically, it was a Warren product, though I don't know for sure now. The oil is just fine, has the approvals your car provides, the right visocity, it'll be just fine going your full OCI interval.

Originally Posted by JustN89
Originally Posted by jd_1138

Historically, it was a Warren product, though I don't know for sure now. The oil is just fine, has the approvals your car provides, the right visocity, it'll be just fine going your full OCI interval.

According to the Dexos list, STP 0W20 comes from Amalie (#D10398HG049) or Best Parts (D10394HG025). Just check the Dexos number on the bottle to verify. I have used the Amalie version and it works as well as anything else in my Honda.

Changed oil and air filter for my brother.

2019 F150 5.0
5,118 miles
OLM was @ 0%

He only travels about 3 miles each way to work everday day.

Out: Mobil 1 EP 5W20 June 2019
Motorcraft FL500S
Motorcraft FA1883

In: 8.8q Havoline Pro DS Smart Box 5W20
Wix 57502
Wix 49883

Originally Posted by K23Turbo
2014 Mitsubishi Lancer
77xxx miles
6 months in service
3500 miles OCI

Out - Pennzoil Ultra 5W30
In - Mobil 1 EPHM 5W30

You literally adhered to typical HM jug recommendations on first-use of HM oils beyond 75k.
Perfect timing. Those jugs never lie BTW. They are 100% infallible in knowing that 75k mileage is the most important number in vehicle engine care.
wink.gif
Amazing what oil producers know these days..
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by K23Turbo
2014 Mitsubishi Lancer
77xxx miles
6 months in service
3500 miles OCI

Out - Pennzoil Ultra 5W30
In - Mobil 1 EPHM 5W30

You literally adhered to typical HM jug recommendations on first-use of HM oils beyond 75k.
Perfect timing. Those jugs never lie BTW. They are 100% infallible in knowing that 75k mileage is the most important number in vehicle engine care.
wink.gif
Amazing what oil producers know these days..
wink.gif

Or maybe he liked the color of the bottle. Or the way EPHM just rolls off the tongue. Maybe it could've been on sale. It could've been the last bottle on the shelf in the entire store. Or maybe it truly is that he decided it was time that he run a high mileage motor oil. At any rate, who cares? It's the same price as regular Mobil 1 EP, and it's been discussed time and time again on here that you can run a "high mileage" oil at any mileage on your engine with no adverse effects. So why not just keep your passive aggressive, condescending thoughts to yourself? This board has too much of this (it's not just you), even if the poster thinks they are trying to prove a valid point. He didn't ask a question, or contemplate whether or not his engine actually needed a "high mileage" oil but he's going to do it anyways because why not. He just stated what he changed his oil with, so why are you coming in here making fun of him for changing to a high mileage oil at the recommended time as stated on the bottle with your sarcastic statements?

By the way, it was you who said that house brands oil don't clean as well since they don't mention cleaning abilities on the bottle. So which is it, does what's written on the label matter or not?
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
They don't perform cleanliness the same. Some house brands mention nothing about cleanliness on jug labels and at their websites.
LINK

2013 Mazda5
67,604km
6400km OCI

out: 5L Castrol Edge 0W-20 & Pennzoil P-21 filter
in & on: 5L Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0W-20 & Mobil1 M-102 filter

I do a little shorter OCI on this vehicle because of all the short tripping.

2012 Mitsubishi Galant w/2.4L. 140.5K miles. 6K OCI with no top off oil needed.

Out - Napa Syn 5w-30 and Napa Gold 7092
In - Napa Syn 5w-30 and Wix 57092

2018 F-150 in signature

Out : 6 qt Motorcraft 5w-20 and Motorcraft FL-500s

In Use for 5135 miles

In: The same at Quick Lane

2005 Ford Ranger Edge (89,820)
1 year - 2,973 Miles on oil 6,000 miles on filter

Out: SuperTech Syn 5w-30/Motorcraft FL400S
In: SuperTech Syn 0w-20/Motorcraft FL400S

Going to give the 20 grade a try again.

2019 Ford Mustang 4-cylinder turbo

Out: Motorcraft 5W-30 semi-synthetic with Motorcraft FL-910s oil filter --- bought the car from the Ford dealer used. This is what they said they used. Have no reason to think any different. Then slight OCD kicks in.......new car to me, it gets new oil.

In : Motorcraft 5W-30 semi-synthetic with Motorcraft FL-910s oil filter --- same new oil goes in. Will be changed in another 2,500 miles again. Will end up changing oil then because the motor will have 15,000 total miles on it.

At that point I will start using Quaker State full synthetic 5W-30 and Napa /Wix Gold filters, changed every 5,000 miles. Easy to remember on the odometer for mileage intervals.

2005 Chevrolet Optra 176,596 km

Out: Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage 5W30, MotoMaster OE Plus MOPH3387A

IN: Quaker State High Mileage Synthetic 5W30 + 1/2 bottle Marvel Ultimate F&M, Fram ToughGuard 3387a

Back