Post your latest oil change

24,000 mile service on the Crosstrek. Usual Subaru Idemitsu 0w20 and Subaru oil filter.

The oil level did not move at all. It stayed exactly at the overfilled mark from previous oil change.

The service dept wouldn't install my Fumoto valve, so I will have a local indy shop do it at the 30,000 mile service. Then after that, it's all me for oil changes.

Off topic; is it a good idea to use ramps so I get extra clearance under the car to make oil changes easier. Or, will the oil not drain out completely since the front of the car is pointing upward, tilting the oil pan back at an angle.

Last edited:
Newly acquired 2010 F-150 4x4:

Out: unknown and acdelco filter ( incorrect size)

In: PPHM 5w30, LG Biotech and Motorcraft filter

97,560 Miles

Originally Posted by Voleak
24,000 mile service on the Crosstrek. Usual Subaru Idemitsu 0w20 and Subaru oil filter.

The oil level did not move at all. It stayed exactly at the overfilled mark from previous oil change.

The service dept wouldn't install my Fumoto valve, so I will have a local indy shop do it at the 30,000 mile service. Then after that, it's all me for oil changes.

Off topic; is it a good idea to use ramps so I get extra clearance under the car to make oil changes easier. Or, will the oil not drain out completely since the front of the car is pointing upward, tilting the oil pan back at an angle.

Unless the drain plug is pointed to the rear of the vehicle, there will be some old oil left in there.

My 2013 Civic, 66,177 miles on it

Out: Super Tech 0W20 and Fram PH7317
In: Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0W20 and Fram PH7317

I don't drive the car a lot now since I started working from home, I only had about 2,200 miles on the Super Tech and hated to dump perfectly good oil but I have to follow a 6 month/5,000 mile oil change schedule to keep in compliance with my extended warranty.

2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6l
Short oci but cleaned everything out after timing chain replacement (got some coolant in the sump).

Out: Castrol Magnatec 5W30, AC Delco filter
In: Castrol Magnatec 5W30, Fram Tough Guard filter

2012 Honda Civic 1.8 79,003 miles on the car.
only 50% on the OLM 4,843 miles on the oil but lots of gravel roads due to pheasant season
Out: Castrol Magnetec 100% synthetic 5-20 and Quaker State filter
In: Mobil 1 Synthetic 0-20 and Walmart Super Tech oil filter

I have a few QS and ST oil filters left and if I still have the car I am switching to Fram Ultra's after they are gone. I have owned this car since 34,000 miles and
generally change the oil prematurely. I had the time off today and thought it was a good time to do it and I will be good until warmer weather now.

2018 L5P 6.6L Duramax 3500 High Country; kms on truck 9,650, on oil 9,000 kms.

Out; 15W40 Duron CK-4 & Delco filter (drained factory fill @ 650 kms.

In; Likely 5W40 T-6 & Delco filter. Free dealer oil changes for first 2 years or 4x.

Dealer repaired a recall on the fuel injection system.

I'll put on a new external transmission filter at the next oil change.

2005 Subaru Outback, 120k, 5k on Ravenol

Out: Ravenol DXG 5W30. Either dislodged a bunch of carbon particles or just got really dark quick; this was my first "known" OCI on this car. The oil was as dark as the PUP in my Fusion at 12k, so I just got an itch for new oil
lol.gif

In: 67% Pennz Plat Euro 0W40 / 32% PPHM 5W30 / 150mL of LiquiMoly Ceratec. Kept the XG3593A on since it's only got 5k on it. Plan on running this for 5k to let the tungsten and moly do their thing, then do filter and OC and pull a UOA around 7500 miles or when it uses enough oil to get to the low mark on the dipstick. May put the Motul 4100 Power 15W50 in for spring depending on how the VOA looks that I should have next week.

Last edited:
1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass with 1976 350 Olds.
Out: Castrol Edge 15w50 with about 3k of mainly short trips. It's already been in the barn for almost 2 months since the snow hit. I wanted fresh oil in it for winter storage and also wanted to try an mmo piston soak to try to regain some compression.

In: PYB 10w30 with maybe 20% MMO added. Didn't change filter, going to do that when I drain it in the spring to replace with synthetic again.

Pulled the car back into the barn then pulled all the plugs and pumped some MMO down each cylinder to soak until April.

I had an '84 Cutlass. The intake manifold gasket had to be replaced a lot because it was made of aluminum. Loved it anyway because of the cool look and smooth ride.

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
I had an '84 Cutlass. The intake manifold gasket had to be replaced a lot because it was made of aluminum. Loved it anyway because of the cool look and smooth ride.

Mine came with a 305 Chevy (Canadian spec) which had an iron intake which never leak. The 350 I put in had an iron intake but I installed an edelbrock aluminum intake which needed the gasket replaced last year. I also had to have the aluminum radiator repaired a few years ago.

Any of the aluminum intakes tended to eat gaskets back then.

All the old SBC's I was around eventually developed a coolant leak in the front cross over on the intake. I found using silicon gasket sealer on both sides of the gasket worked very well.

All of the ones I had (except my 89) were cast iron intake and I've never seen one of them leak ever. My 83 has 233k, no leaks. At least in Canada they didn't start using aluminum intakes on the carbed 305s until the last year (88) if I remember right.

2010 C300, 59K.

Out: M1 0w40, Mann Oil Filter, 9500 miles.
In: M1 0w40, Mann Oil Filter.

2011 Prius, 179K.
Out: Various Brands of 0w20 Syn, Toyota filter, 4600 miles.
In: 3 qt M1 EP HM 0w20 and 1.3 qt of M1 EP 0w20, Toyota filter.

1997 Dodge B2500 Ram Van 178,887 miles

Out Motorcraft 5w-30 (287 miles/30 months)
In Mobil1 HM 10w-30
Drained and reinstalled OEM filter

Grease chassis/rotate tires
R/R brake fluid (tested >4 for water)

Don't drive it much since we sold the camper and bought a boat.
Couldn't pass up the 74 degree weather (and no rain!).

Back