Post your latest oil change

This is my final run with Mobil-1 EP . Been using it in the 2019 Hyundai for the last three OCIs.
Never an ounce of consumption with this 2.4 GDI.

Out
Mobil-1 EP T/A 10w30 / 0w40 Euro Frankenblend
3K miles run

In
Same.
Even kept the same Purolator Boss oil filter on for another 3k OCI.
Mileage is 36,400 currently.
Why final run with Mobil 1 EP? Don't like something about it? What will be next?

3K shouldn't be an issue for filter. Old school brain for me, if I'm under there doing oil, I'm doing filter.

I love using the Mobil-1. But I got this itch for HPL that won't go away. My piggy bank is about full. It holds around $200 in quarters, dimes and nickels. Another month or-so and I'm taking Miss Piggy to the Credit Union coin machine. Then they deposit the money into our bank account.

Imagine the look on HPL Dave's face, should I put all these coins in a box - seal it real good and ship it to him for payment on an order of HPL No VII oil.
How much money does it cost to ship money?.....lol

I love using the Mobil-1. But I got this itch for HPL that won't go away. My piggy bank is about full. It holds around $200 in quarters, dimes and nickels. Another month or-so and I'm taking Miss Piggy to the Credit Union coin machine. Then they deposit the money into our bank account.

Imagine the look on HPL Dave's face, should I put all these coins in a box - seal it real good and ship it to him for payment on an order of HPL No VII oil.

Man, I am waynpoorer than you and I can afford HPL oils. Strip the drama sage about cost. I want quality so I buy HPL. It’s so easy to order. Contact Mary Jane or Angela as I did for the 5w20 HDEO oil. Somedays I seriously worry a LOT about you the ways you post.

Sorry to rant but you seriously scare the heck out of me; dramatizing stuff.

Good night my friend

US Govt was shipping for free for a while. People were ordering coins in bulk qty on their (points) credit cards. Money came, they deposited it and paid CC bill same day. Many racked up a lot of free points that way.

I put a little cortisone and moisturizer on my itch. I'm adding 1qt of HPL PCMO to my oil changes. Started as EC30, just put last qt of EC30 in sons car. Daughters had 2x EC30 OCI and now has 1qt of 5w-30 PCMO with PP. My Accord had 1 EC30 and now has 1 qt 5W-30 PCMO and M1 0W-40.

Maybe I'll work to full HPL someday but with 5-6 vehicles being serviced that gets more expensive quickly.

2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi, 175,175 miles

Out: Castrol GTX synthetic 5w20/ STP S10060XL

In: Super Tech synthetic 5w20/ Fram Ultra XG10060

IMG_5727.jpeg

‘21 Toyota Sienna Hybrid
80.7K miles / 5.6K miles OCI
Out: Pennzoil Platinum 0W20 / 90915-YZZN1
In: Pennzoil Platinum 0W16 / 90915-YZZN1

Based on the oil level there was some fuel dilution this winter run (DEC to MAR.) Took a sample to see how well the viscosity held up and check the fuel content.

New unopened 5qt jug of PP on left vs the old PP that come out on right (sans UOA sample amount) for visual comparison. Approx 5qt removed from the 4.8qt sump with filter.

Link to previous winter’s UOA of PP 0W16. If the PP 0W20 viscosity held up that will likely be my winter go to in the future.

IMG_6030.jpeg

IMG_6031.jpeg

Man, I am waynpoorer than you and I can afford HPL oils. Strip the drama sage about cost. I want quality so I buy HPL. It’s so easy to order. Contact Mary Jane or Angela as I did for the 5w20 HDEO oil. Somedays I seriously worry a LOT about you the ways you post.

Sorry to rant but you seriously scare the heck out of me; dramatizing stuff.

Good night my friend
I just think he was adding some humor to his post Adam. All good & have a nice weekend.

2018 Honda CRV
Out: Mobil 1 EP HM 5W30 (1573 mi) / Fram Ultra 7317 (7099 mi in 17 months)
In: Castrol Euro 5W40 API SP / Fram Ultra 7317

Forgot to take a sample when it was draining (kicking myself!) so I dipped the sample container in the drain pan, which was a little dirty. I expect some contamination, but oh well.

Yes, I'm doing an oil analysis on 1573 mi oil. Feel free to tell me I'm wasting my money (like you guys like to do). I do it every OC on all my vehicles for tracking purposes.

My latest theory is fuel dilution happens most in the winter, so if I isolate my winter driving, it will benefit the fuel dilution overall on this vehicle. On this car, that means I change the oil mid November and mid March. The run from November to March (4 months) isolates the highest concentration of fuel dilution so it does not affect the oil as much for the run from March to November (8 months).

I went for a highway drive after putting the 5W40 in and I did not notice any significant difference in fuel economy (got 38MPG on a loop I normally always get 38MPG on). So much for CAFE and 0W20.

Curious if I'll get super high fuel dilution on this sample. And equally curious if when I sample next November if the fuel dilution will be lower than usual.

Back