Post Your Latest Coolant Change.

With draining out the engine before replacing the idler pulley, water pump, elbows, lower intake gaskets, hoses and thermostat on a 2004 GM 3800 Series II I put Dexcool back in.

Coolant non-change on my OBS Ford. It started weeping at the thermostat housing, so drained out 6 month old conventional green and poured it back in after straining through a coffee filter.

2003 Camry with 160k miles. Drain and fill with Zerex Red Asian, the last of my flush schedule since I got the car. I'll be running this for a while.

I changed anti freeze in the 2014 Corvette. Out unknown but looked like new and unsure if it was factory or not but most likely it was. In DexCool concentrate mixed 50/50 with tap water per GM recommendation. The Corvette is the easiest car I ever owned to change anit freeze because the drain plug is so easy accisable from the top. I always thought distilled water was the way to go however it's not the case with the C7 corvette. I also changed anti freeze in the Honda Civic. Out Super Tech Honda blue antifreeze in same kind. My Ford also recieved a new drink of Prestone anti freeze. All were drain and fills and I do this every couple years. I figure if it makes the heater core or water pump go the extra mile it's worth it. I use a Lisle funnel filler with different caps to take care of the air gaps and bubbles.

Attachments

• sPmgf0d2Qju0vKwoP5sWXQ.jpg
    sPmgf0d2Qju0vKwoP5sWXQ.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 19
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
4.8 Vortec V8
Replaced water pump, thermostat, heater hoses and connectors. Flushed block and heater core
Out: water
In: Prime Guard Dexcool premix

2017 F150
5.0L V8.
Partially flushed out the original orange coolant with two gallons of distilled water and then added about 5 quarts of Motorcraft yellow concentrate coolant.

Tried using my new Airlift 550000 coolant refill tool but couldn't get it to pull a vacuum at all. Not sure what the issue was. Ended up using my Lisle no spill funnel and a couple of up to temp and cool down cycles to get the correct level in the tank.

I will probably do another radiator drain and refill soon since the coolant in the tank still looks mostly orange.

I found out what the issue was on trying to use the Airlift 550000 tool on the 2017 F150. It has a vent hole in the bottle where the cap seals and you are supposed to use the tool without any of the adapters to get it to work.

Fordtechmakuloco responded to my post on his video of him using this tool and gave me this information. Hopefully this helps someone else.

1986 Chevrolet C10
305 small block V8
Replaced radiator, radiator hoses, thermostat, flushed block and heater core
Out: unknown green coolant
In: Prime Guard conventional green premix

1992 Buick LeSabre
3.8 V6
Replaced radiator, upper/lower radiator hoses just a drain and fill no flushing

1966 Chevrolet C10, with LS motor, Prestone Platinum universal 15 year/350K, concentrate, 2 gallons

2015 GMC Yukon
5.3 V8
Replaced thermostat, flushed block and radiator
Out: unknown Dexcool
In: Prime Guard Dexcool premix

1993 Chevrolet S10
4.3 TBI V6
Replaced radiator, upper and lower radiator hoses, flushed block and heater core

1999 Dodge Dakota sport 5.2 V8 5 speed manual
Out: old sweet and rotten smelling green coolant, a lot of rust came out too.
In: Prestone universal all makes all models. Not my preference due to the 2-EHA content but should be alright. Replaced all hoses and thermostat at the same time.

1986 Ford F-250 351W
Changed all coolant hoses, new clamps and new radiator cap too.
Drained radiator had 3-year-old Zerex G-05 in it. Didn't bother flushing system, it was still clean and 6 years ago pulled engine to replace core plugs and system got a mega flush then. Replaced drained coolant with fresh 50/50 G-05.

2016 Ram 1500
5.7 V8
Replaced radiator, flushed block, replaced thermostat
Out: unknown nasty coolant, Blue Devil radiator flush
In: Peak All Makes All Models premix

1993 GMC Sierra 1500
5.7 TBI V8
Replaced radiator, radiator hoses, thermostat, drain and fill no flushing
Out: Havoline conventional green premix

2005 Honda CR-V
2.4L
Replaced thermostat, housing (both Aisin) and lower rad hose (Gates)

Refilled system with Napa Asian Blue, which is what was in previously.

Back