Post your car in Winter Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Miller88
The Cherokee on a relatively old set of Goodyear Workhorse tires with studs and that I hand siped.

They were installed on my father's truck last winter and didn't get driven. I'm not sure if the shaking is from the lack of balance or bad belts.

7fRLSEu.jpg

After seeing a tire come apart on the highway last week I wouldn't want to drive on something that might have bad belts. The tire I saw turned out to be a BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain KM2. The tread had completely separated from the tire. After doing some reading, this is more common than I thought with the KM2s.

The BLUBARU in it's natural environment... first solid winter storm in November, typical for around here... !

dyPjJS.jpg

Last edited:
Mine goes into cold storage. Fill the gas, disconnect the battery, drop all but comprehensive insurance and park it.

coupe-in-the-snow.jpg

^ Last year I had a firebird in cold storage and went to snowblow near it. The blower skidded right two inches and gouged the driver's door paint.

Be careful out there.
cheers3.gif

This was last winter and unfortunately the best I have. Very impressed with the Goodyear Duratracs and will definetly be getting some next time. They had around 50k on them when this was taken.
9qbrzr.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Originally Posted By: Miller88
The Cherokee on a relatively old set of Goodyear Workhorse tires with studs and that I hand siped.

They were installed on my father's truck last winter and didn't get driven. I'm not sure if the shaking is from the lack of balance or bad belts.

7fRLSEu.jpg

After seeing a tire come apart on the highway last week I wouldn't want to drive on something that might have bad belts. The tire I saw turned out to be a BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain KM2. The tread had completely separated from the tire. After doing some reading, this is more common than I thought with the KM2s.

The sidewalls on 2 of them are horribly cracked, too. This will be their last winter before I slash the sidewalls and bring them to a tire shop to be recycled - I don't want them selling these on CL. But shaking and bad belts seem to be a trait of the workhorse. This is not my first set ... they always shake bad.

I have some steering issues I need to get figured out before I put on "good" snow tires.

In the spring it will be getting KM2 knockoff recaps. I'm not rich enough to afford a set of 5 KM2s haha!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Where's the truck?

You're right. Jacked up station wagon is more like it.

Awww, QP. I missed this.

You feel it THAT far removed from an F-150 King Ranch?

All I'm saying is that if Audi still offered a station wagon with a decent engine this side of the pond, I'd much prefer it over this CUV, or whatever it is classified as. Alas, I'm in the minority here.

I got to fire up the "jacked-uo station wagon" in the snow this A.M.

2180be8afa7cc1e7b35cd747c0dc25d5.jpg

I can tell right away that, though my Blazer is so beast in the snow due to its heavy weight and powerhouse torque-mons ter "3/4 350" 4.3... that this Expedition is at least as good as it. Probably better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back