Post your car in Winter Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dug this one up:

DSC_0007_zpsd8cf8b63.jpg

Snowcar_zpse33fa450.jpg

Maybe I should get some dedicated winter tires?
grin.gif

This is actually from 2011's "Snowmageddon" Fortunately this isn't normal, at least not yet.

First real snow of the season. Went out and bought a used cap for my truck. The extra weight of that plus 150lb of sand and salt helped the LTX's--but I ordered snows today. Should make it unstoppable!

29avb7r.png

Boy, we sure are having a tough winter out here so far. I took this picture yesterday, it was in the 80s outside.
Decided to wash it today and peel the Plastidip off the wheels.
2rpczno.jpg

291ckkn.jpg

Warmer today so I put on the new wheels and snow tires for the ST. Tire Rack had the wheels on closeout and were cheaper than steelies!

I put these beauties
smile.gif
on a few weeks ago. It took 3.5 days of driving before the TMPS light came on.

8BDA9977-D634-40CB-AB38-C79A8A27DCA3_zpsh5fj9hsl.jpg

AD5BA0FA-04C6-4454-B864-93A3A50A4555_zpsxqzcf1r2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to those keeping with the spirit of the thread and not beating the same warm climate joke to death.

Pics of storm from last winter

rFX0cqG.jpg

If you listened closely you could almost hear the P5 rusting

nW9xeOZ.jpg

The car in the wild

lY5WWjc.jpg

L6rrqeh.jpg

I missed the chance to take some good pics during the last snow storm, and now it all melted. I'm sure I'll have quite a few more chances this winter... we're ready...

DSC_6770.jpg

Dunlop WinterSports.

In a typical Chicago winter, we get a lot of little (2 to 4 inches) snowfalls, each one accompanied by an application of about six inches of salt.

anyi.jpg

3t80.jpg

What Civic is that? I that a European model? I would love something like that.

Edit: That was in reference of Quattro Pete's post.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Charger_Winter_Mode01.jpg

Winter shoes on and ready to rock!
thumbsup2.gif

bastich...I like your ride.

The Cherokee on a relatively old set of Goodyear Workhorse tires with studs and that I hand siped.

They were installed on my father's truck last winter and didn't get driven. I'm not sure if the shaking is from the lack of balance or bad belts.

7fRLSEu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back