Post your "beater" daily driver

1966 chevy biscayne with new carb, battery, starter, tires, HEI distributor, 2-chamber M/C, euro pattern low beams. No heat, odometer, headliner, carpet. Would drive daily if I had the gas money but it gets ~16 MPG. Drove it out to Vermont and held 70 on the highway. I haven't "finished" it because it would be worth too much and therefore not "fun" anymore.

View attachment 77594
This only technically qualifies as a beater. Very sharp.

Most of these so called beaters are really nice. I guess the real beater days are numbered. The two beater's I owned were total eye sores that had baloney skins for tires, never locked the doors sometimes didn't even close the windows if no rain expected. Always bought used tires and just slapped on brake pads if needed. Changed the oil once a year and just topped off occasionally.

Retired from daily driven status almost 5 years ago, I let my brother drive it. It basically just goes to Starbucks and the grocery store. Occasional trips across town. Although
last summer I put 600 miles on it in a week while my DD was at the dealer for repairs. I'd drive it across country in a heartbeat. It's totaled in the left rear corner. The rear struts are toast and make a ton of noise. Have new ones to put on one day.

Ain't she a beaut?

View attachment 77706
Awesome service no doubt, but at that point I wouldn't even vacuum it out and just open all doors/trunk and let the leaf blower take care of things.

Great thread.
But I wanna see some real beaters.
Yanno primer paint on the fender.
That kinda stuff.
;)
My old Fox. Stroker, aluminum heads, custom cam, Edelbrock intake, T-56, Maximum Motorsports suspension w/Bilstein coilovers, 4piston Brembos up front, Eaton diff & a bunch of other junk. Only washed it before track day weekends & the windows at each gas fill up. Bought it with 70k miles in '00 & sold it with about 480k on it in '15. I miss it. Old flip phone pic to go along with it 🙃

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1621185066662.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621185066662.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 17
Awesome service no doubt, but at that point I wouldn't even vacuum it out and just open all doors/trunk and let the leaf blower take care of things.
Regardless of a car's condition, I won't let it get nasty inside. The Camry may be crunched in the back and have bad paint, but the inside is clean. It drives nice too. My rule for my brother is he can't let his dogs in it.

Yes it has to have a Starbucks drink stopper to hold up the middle-right vent. And yes the tweeter cover on the right recently broke. Have to fix that.

DDD62843-9612-48B7-AD64-079ED6E243C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Back