Post a favorite animal

Just got word that my little lady has pretty much fully advanced terminal cancer. She's been deteriorating very rapidly over the past 2 weeks. She has been there for all of my kid's lives and it is a sad day today.

View attachment 47597View attachment 47598
View attachment 47599
I'm sorry to hear that, MotoTribologist. She, the black cat, looks just like my big Wolf, and the white-and-black very much like Chekov, the Siberian cat. I often find them sleeping together like in your last pic.

I'm sorry to hear that, MotoTribologist. She, the black cat, looks just like my big Wolf, and the white-and-black very much like Chekov, the Siberian cat. I often find them sleeping together like in your last pic.
Thanks. Luna was a remarkably affectionate cat. She wouldn't hesitate to greet guests and strangers in the house. She would even sidle up to strangers on the sidewalk or across the street looking for a good rub down.

It's strange that she died on Tuesday and all these reports are coming out these past few days about Seresto collars killing pets because that is the collar we had her wear. She wore it for years with seemingly no impact, so I'm hesitant to blame the collar, but it makes me wonder all the same.

Thanks. Luna was a remarkably affectionate cat. She wouldn't hesitate to greet guests and strangers in the house. She would even sidle up to strangers on the sidewalk or across the street looking for a good rub down.

It's strange that she died on Tuesday and all these reports are coming out these past few days about Seresto collars killing pets because that is the collar we had her wear. She wore it for years with seemingly no impact, so I'm hesitant to blame the collar, but it makes me wonder all the same.
She sounds like the late Marie-Antoinette, who looked on strangers as "Hey! Someone new to worship me!", and who loved to walk on a harness and leash. In my (admittedly limited) experience, black cats are the most easygoing and adaptable of the coat colors.

Years ago Miss Linda and I put some Hartz Mountain flea treatment on one cat, not Marie, and she began to shiver and twitch immediately. We moved fast and washed her off, and she was okay after that. Cats are really pretty tough.

Here’s the whole gang in 1 photo.
B80A79BE-E9C5-4739-BC76-806410F016B2.jpg

Back