Possible defective AC/DELCO PF46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great responsem thanks. To answer the sensor location question - the pressure sensor is located behind the engine right near where the transmission moounts to the block - on top. You can reach behind the engine up top and touch it. Between the 'V', if you would.

I agree with the ADBV being the likely culprit here. I have had a pressure sender read very low pressure before, a test gauge showed it was wrong. I took it off and drained it and sqirted oil in it with a syringe and reinstalled it....pressure reading went right back up to where it should have been. That was a Nissan 280Z in that case...That sender still has a moveable/spring loaded sensor inside ...maybe someone has a cutaway pic?
Regardless, it doesn't seem to be the issue here anyway.

MTN,

I second Gary's explanation, it is about seeing the same pressure, not transmitting motion. The pressure on the other side of the bubble is the same.

I've seen it too ..but cannot duplicate the event NOW. I'm waiting for someone who's more of a geezer than I am to pull something out of his behind by saying "Oh ..yeah ..those type of gauge transducers were abandoned about 30 years ago just for that reason.." ..but it hasn't happened yet. I distinctly recall seeing a gauge pegged and having someone explain to me that he just had to bleed air out of the line. When the same situation happened to me ...I bled the line ..the gauge reacted normally.

Then again ...I could have been having an "episode"
shocked.gif
(cue suspense music).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back