Popular Interior Wall Color

I'm putting my Mothers house up For Sale and decided the Living Room and Bathroom need painting . I'm looking for a Popular Neutral Color that most buyers can live with . A Copy and Paste of the color would be best .

What color is the flooring? Light grey if grey tone and light tan/beige if tan. Even whites skew grey or tan and can really clash based on the flooring.

For tan flooring, Sherwin Williams Dover White and Row House Tan are very neutral that no one would complain about. Go for eggshell, it'll hide wall imperfections.

What color is the flooring? Light grey if grey tone and light tan/beige if tan. Even whites skew grey or tan and can really clash based on the flooring.
Yes flooring should dictate, along with kitchen cabinets.

Behr-brown tee-pee is what i have and a Behr gray, that i dont remember the name but have the code.

Brown

IMG_20240616_183004030.jpg

Gray
IMG_20240616_182927817.jpg
IMG_20240616_183020391.jpg

Gray is definitely in right now. Tons of light gray tones out there to choose from.

I personally have liked gray before it was popular. My house is like 3 different shades inside and another for the garage siding. :LOL:

I like some Grays but not sure it would work in a living room or bathroom though
Live with my parents... couple years back, Dad had my Bathroom remodeled. I just wanted Basic White walls.
What I Got, (over ruled by Dad and the builder) is a light,VERY slightly blue grey. almost Ohio State Grey. ( builder is a Massive OSU fan)
IMG_20191022_160121.jpg
IMG_20191022_160106.jpg
IMG_20191022_160016.jpg
IMG_20191022_160007.jpg

of course, they also went with a Barnwood look laminate for the Floor... I put together that "Barnwood Beam" Behind the Toilet to cover a Gap in the Drywall with a steel I-Beam ( basement wall reinforcement) I've since Put Frosted Vinyl on the outside of that shower Door... no one is walking in while I'm showering, I just Don't like the Clear shower Door.

Last edited:
White with a bias towards the cooler gray/blue/VERY slight green scale of white which is the "in color" right now vs warmer beige scale. Pretty much similar to what @earlyre has is spot on. Hard to determine exactly as all our devices that we view on the computer display slightly different and also the photos we upload. But that looks really good and current.
Nothing darker and if you want to go a little whiter ok but not bright white. You want door and molding trims to have some contrast as he has in the photos above.
@Gyro Gearloose posted looks good. I think the color is more represented near the windows in the photo, as warm lamp lighting seems to affect the photo.

Last edited:
Our whole house is Sherwin-Williams accessible beige. It’s obviously beige but goes with grays. It was a popular neutral color about 10-11 years ago before gray was popular.

We’ve also been mixing in gray lately and it works nicely since accessible beige has some gray undertones.

We’ve used Sherwin-Williams repose gray in bathrooms and I think possibly agreeable gray as well.

I’ve used the Behr and Benjamin Moore variants of Swiss Coffee for two projects. It’s a white, but it’s probably one of the more versatile ones. The Behr version(color code 12) is a bit on the yellow side, the Ben Moore one(OC-45) has less yellow and a touch of gray.

Back